Times of India : World’s Largest Selling English Broadsheet Newspaper

By Posted 2005 Updated   India

A times of India news article “Times now Masthead of the World” reports that The Times of India has been certified by the Audit Bureau of Circulations as having become the world’s largest selling English broadsheet newspaper ahead of giants like USA Today and Wall Street Journal, Times London and The Guardian with more than 2.4 million newspaper copies sold every day.

They say that the absolute size of the available English-literate audience in India is at just about 60-70 million and is far smaller than in markets like the USA (200 million plus) or the UK.

They say the difference is that unlike in these western markets, where readership of newspapers is highly fragmented and no one brand has been able to build a high share of the large available audience, The Times of India is the newspaper of choice for 30 percent of all English readers in India.

An Indian newspaper is the World’s Largest Selling English Broadsheet Newspaper. Dedicated readership rules!

20 comments on “Times of India : World’s Largest Selling English Broadsheet Newspaper

1. Sunil Devdas says:

How do I go about getting an annual subscription (Hard copy) of TOI which will be cheaper for me? I am a resident of Andheri(W)-Mumbai

2. Biji Kuriakose says:

I would like to subscribe TOI news paper in hardcopy annually. I heard about the special rates of INR 400/- per year. Is it true and if so i would like to rceive a communication from TOI office for the subscription.

3. Ritu Rao says:

How do I go about getting an annual/half yearly subscription of TOI newspaper which will be cheaper for me? I am a resident of Kandivali(W)-Mumbai

4. P Kumar says:

How to get the half yearly subscription of TOI newspaper renewed. No agent has approached me this time and when I called up he is telling that I should have done it befor 16th Jan 2008.

Any help

P.KUMAR
    Anushaktinagar
    mumbai-94

5. Srinivasan says:

Hi I am residing in Kandivli (W) in Mumbai. I would like to know how to go about the sunbsription of TOI and Economic Times on an half yearly or yearly basis. The local guy who suplies newspaper to me says that such scheme have been stopped by TOI which I do not believe.
    Thanks
    Srinivasan

6. M L GUPTA says:

How to get the half yearly subscription of TOI newspaper renewed. No agent has approached me this time . Delivery of news paper is stopped.

7. KOSHA VORA says:

I live at malabar hill. I see that any Mumbai Mirror or Economic Times will be given free with Times of India. My vendor charges me and says that this scheme is not valid in our area.
    Need confirmation on this if this is true.
    Thanks

8. BHARTI S NAIK says:

Hi I am residing in MALAD (E) in Mumbai. I would like to know how to go about the sunbsription of TOI and Economic Times on an half yearly or yearly basis. The local guy who suplies newspaper to me says that such scheme have been stopped by TOI which I do not believe.
    Thanks
    bHARTI

9. BHARTI S NAIK says:

HI I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT UR YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION SCHEME.
    THANKING U
    RGDS
    BHARTI

10. QuickOnlineTips says:

For all your Times of India subscription queries, please contact on their website http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/

11. shaini athavale says:

i want to subscribe to the times of india- kolkata edition. i dont want the subscription from my agent as i am not very happy with his service, is there any other alternative???
    what is the subsription charge,pls respond…

12. ankit agarwal says:

hi i live in santacruz (east)near vakola I would like to subscribe TOI & economic times news paper in hardcopy annually. I heard about the special rates of INR 400/- per year. Is it true and if so i would like to rceive a communication from TOI office for the subscription.

13. Asif Parkar says:

Hi TOI,

I want an yearly subscription details of TOI as it will be feasible for me, let me ASAP and as the locality is concerned the area is sakinaka.

14. Prasad Shetty says:

Hey TOI
    I live in Ghatkopar (east) pantnagar
    I would like to subscribe TOI & economic times news paper in hardcopy annually. I’m intertested in the special rates that is been offered per year. I’m contemplating whether to subscribe for DNA (offering 200/- annual subsription) or TOI. I would like to know/receive communication from TOI office for the subscription.

15. Revathy says:

Hi TOI,

Hi I am residing in Teynampet in chennai.I would like to subscribe TOI news paper in hardcopy annually. I heard about the special rates of INR 300/- per year. Is it true and if so i would like to receive a communication from TOI office for the subscription for one year.

16. Madhur says:

HI,

I am looking forward a subscription of Times of India along with Economic times. Would request you to kindly let me know the way to get subscribed along with amount to be paid.

Kindly respond to the same on the urgent basis.

17. P BHASKARAN says:

I wish to avail annaual subscription of TOI (Chennai edition). Kindly suggest me to proceed further

18. Ramanarayanan says:

19. Ramesh T says:

Hi TOI
    I am interested in subscribing to the Hard copy of Times of India- Hyderabad edition. I live in Teachers Colony, Waddepalli, Warangal Town. I was trying to locate agent for home delivery of the news paper. I could not get the details in spite of many attempts through other agents. Can you please me his address and contact in Kazipet / Hanamkonda / Warangal of Andhra Pradesh. Will there be any concessional rate for annual subscription through agent? – Thanks

20. AMIT says:

I would like to avail of the yearly subscription to the Times of India ( Mumbai ) Edition. Do you have an offer I can avail?

I stay at Kalina!

How can this be facilitated?