Time Zone Converters to Schedule Tasks Online

By Posted 2006 Updated   Tips

If you see the Blogger posting screen, it says “Scheduled outage at 4:00PM PST”. Now what time is that in lets say India?

Undoubtedly you encounter these time zone differences on forums, chats, appointments and schedulers. Simple tools called Time Zone Converters can help you find the time in your country or city online.

Firstly I headed to The World Clock – Time Zone Converter. Select the time and place to convert from and then select place to convert to. Based on our example of 4PM PST above, there is no PST in the list. Clicking on the “Time Zones” button will pop up a window, which shows a list which has PST is Pacific Standard Time. Selecting it shows 2 choices – Vancouver or Tijuana, either of which you can select. Now lets select India-Delhi as the place to convert the time.

The result –
Vancouver (Canada – British Columbia) Wednesday, January 25, 2006 at 4:00:00 PM UTC-8 hours PST
Delhi (India) Thursday, January 26, 2006 at 5:30:00 AM UTC+5:30 hours

Another service is the Time Zone Convertor – In this you will have to type your time as HH:MM:SS (earlier tool it was drop down menu), or Use Current Date/Time. This one had the PST&PDT option in the left panel to suggest PST. The right panel did not reveal India anywhere. No IST or Indian standard time option. But Asia/Calcutta – a city of India worked.

And the results –
04:00:00 p.m. Wednesday January 25, 2006 in PST8PDT converts to
05:30:00 a.m. Thursday January 26, 2006 in Asia/Calcutta

Although both time zone tools required some effort to find the time, they do help me schedule my online tasks well. Give them a try.

5 comments on “Time Zone Converters to Schedule Tasks Online

1. Sanjay M says:

Hey this was a really good quick online tip :) this was indeed exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

2. noodlehead says:

this was great! precisely what i was looking for..saved me a whole lot of time!

3. Jegan says:

Please convert the timing “12/19/2008 12:00 PM PST – 5:00 PM PST” and send it to my mail ID

4. sunderam says:

please convert 3 pm ET to is and send me

5. archana says:

Please convert the timing “10/28/2010 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PST” and send it to my mail ID