Lycos Mail Beta : Unlimited Size File Attachments + 3GB Storage

By Posted 2006 Updated   Tips

Lycos launched a new free email service called Lycos Email Beta. It is being projected as the only free web mail service to offer 3 GB of free storage, and ability to share unlimited size file attachments.

Most popular free email services like Yahoo Mail offers 1GB, Gmail offers 2GB+ and now Lycos email will offer 3GB, upgradable to 5GB with paid upgrade. Broadband internet users who like emailing large size file attachments (beyond the usual 5-10 MB file limit imposed by most free email providers) will find this Lycos email impressive.

Now some limitations – You need to login once every 30 days to keep the email account active. POP access is a paid upgrade (same as yahoomail, but gmail users used to free POP3 email access from outlook or other email clients may feel the pinch).

Let the competition continue amongst the free online email service providers. The users will benefit either way. (I remember my 6MB Yahoo Mail account, 2MB Hotmail account…. before Gmail came along with 1000MB and counting)

Missing a email file attachment in Gmail? Well, Gmail doesn’t allow you to send or receive executable files.

8 comments on “Lycos Mail Beta : Unlimited Size File Attachments + 3GB Storage

1. avoy says:

I want to open 3 GB free mail id in lycos.com

2. nitro_g says:

I want to send large files in lycos.com,I feekl its preety good

3. Alen George CM says:

Having great feeling, i’m now going to own a wonderful e-mail account!!!

4. Denise says:

LOVE the unlimited size file attachment feature.

Now if they would just upgrade to allow custom domain names such as does “Windows Live” (fka “Hotmail”) …

life would be grand!

5. Alieu says:

Lycos is not allowing me to open a free email account. Can you please tell why?

6. sagar gautam from nepal says:

i can’t open free email account in lycos. but i can see in google that it is free email account provider. please suggest how to open free email a/c in lycos.

7. melai says:

can somebody help me.. i dont know why i cant open my lycos account its been running smoothly for years now and this is the first time it want me to upgrade my mail.but i chose the free account :(

8. Erica says:

>>Melai

Hey… I’m having the same problem too! All of a sudden it tells me that I have to pay an annual fee of $19.95 just to use my email! I’m really xx because I tried to use the ‘Help’ function in Lycos and it keeps sending me to this error page!!!! Now I can’t even send my complaints to the people working at Lycos…

And all my impt emails and contacts are still in there.