Microsoft Research PhD Fellowships in India

By Posted 2006 Updated   India

Need a PhD degree in computer science research in India? What better education that to try for the Microsoft Research Ph.D. Fellowships in India. Announcing the Ph.D. fellowships, Microsoft press release says

“Instituted by Microsoft Researchs External Research & Programs Group, the Ph.D. Fellowships are aimed at encouraging students to take up research as a career, a key qualification for which is to get a doctoral degree. Each awardee will receive approximately $5,000 (U.S.) per year over four years, and also $5,000 for attending seminars and conferences during the term of the fellowship. The fellows will also have the option of a three-month to six-month internship at Microsoft Research India.”

This is good news for academic and research oriented computer science students who want to pursue higher studies. They list 5 students who have already been awarded the Microsoft Research Ph.D. Fellowships for 2006.

23 comments on “Microsoft Research PhD Fellowships in India

1. Tavengwa Masamha says:

This is a good cause, but I also want to be a beneficiary of the system. I have a master of science in Computer Science from the University of zimbabwe

2. Ishita Sharma says:

I have completed my MS-IT degree from DA-IICT, Gandhinagar gujatar, an institute of reliance, I also want to be part of it, how can I get a chance to enroll into it.

3. Vineet Goel says:

Respected sir

My name is Vinnet Goel Currently I am pursuing my Mphil from Madurai Kamraj University. And I wish to do Ph.D in computer science. So regarding this I need the information about when I should apply and whom I should contact.

Yours Faithfully

Vineet

4. RAJESH says:

My name is Rajesh Kharvi. Currently I am pursuing my MCA (with above 68% aggregate). And I wish to do Ph.D in computer science. So regarding this I need the information about when I should apply and whom I should contact.

Yours Faithfully

Rajesh

5. Roshan Chandekar says:

I am roshan chandekar and i am done my mca degree
    and i wnat to apply for the phd programme can i apply for the phd programme after doing mca degree
    plz reply me

6. rajeev says:

I have completed my mca degree from ignou, new delhi, i wnat to apply for the phd programme can i apply for the phd programme

rajeev kumar

7. jayesh says:

Respected sir,
    I have completed an MCA with first class , and I have 3 years of Industrial experience in software development.I want to do PhD in computer science.kindly assist me for the same.

Regards,
    Jayesh Prajapati

8. Jai Prakash Verma says:

Respected sir,
    I have completed an MCA with first class (75.95%) and B.Sc. with 75.90%, and I have 3 years of teaching experience. Currenlty i am working as a lecturer in Nirma University of Science & Technology, Ahemadabad- Gujarat- India.I want to do PhD in computer science.kindly assist me for the same.

Regards,

Jai Prakash Verma

9. Soham Niyogi says:

Hi,

I have done Mtech in CS from National Institute Of Technology Durgapur. Currently working in MNC and having 1.6 yrs of experience in telecom domain. I want to pursue phd in CSE. Please let me know the procedure to apply for this fellowship to the given mail address.

regards
    soham

10. Janki Hirpara says:

My name is Janki Hirpara. Currently I am pursuing my MCA (with above 68% aggregate). And I wish to do Ph.D in computer science. So regarding this I need the information about when I should apply and whom I should contact , and also suggest which is the best subject on which i can do phd .

Yours Faithfully
    Janki Hirpara.

11. Janki Hirpara says:

Oh sorry i forget to write that i m complete MCA .

so include it in my privious log.
    and plz do reply i m waiting for it .

Thanks and Regards,
    Janki Hirpara.

12. Arun says:

sir i want to pursue PhD in computers stream as part time
    kindly let me know if there is such a provision

13. Mamta Rani says:

Respected Sir,

My name is Mamta Rani.I have completed M.Sc.(IT) from PTU Jalandar. And I wish to do Ph.D in computer science. So regarding this I need the information about when I should apply with details information and whom I should contact.

Yours Faithfully

14. mrinal says:

I have done my Bachelers on Electronics i.e B.E(Electronics)engginearing and Masters in Digitral electronics i.e M.E(Digital electronics) from Maharstra India I wish to do Ph.D so i need more information whome to contact and how to apply

15. Sathish, INDIA says:

Respected Sir/Madam,

My name is Sathish. I have completed my MCA (with above 75% aggregate) and also having 5+ years of IT experience. I wish to do Ph.D in Computers. Kindly advise me on how to go about applying for the same.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Yours Sincerely,
    Sathish
    INDIA

16. Rohit Kumar Miri says:

Respected sir/madam

I have done B.E(62.8%) in computer science and M.TECH (6.6 cgpa) in computer science from college of engineering pune.

i want to do part time or distance learning PHD in computer sceince. so please can you tell me the subjects and fees and the whole procedure.

17. babyrathinam says:

i working as a lecturer in an engineering college . I h ave completed my mca and mphil and now i want to do phd in computer science
    please give details about it

18. Narayan Acharya says:

I working as a lecturer . I h ave
    completed my MCA and now i want to do phd in
    computer science

please give details about it

Narayan acharya
    Bikaner Rajasthan India

19. satinderjit kaur says:

dear sir
    i have done MCA from PTU through distance education now i am doing Mtech last sem fromLPU now i want to do Phd in computer science pls tell me the procedure for doing online Phd in computer science

satinderjit kaur

20. Deepali Kanadkar Govind says:

I am designated as Technical Lead(Software testing), having 4+ years of experience. Educational Qualification : MCA

Wish to to do Ph D. in Computer Science. Please give all the details related to Ph D.

Thanks
    Deepali Kanadkar Govind

21. santhosh says:

im santos ,im finished M.Sc(software engineering),i like to do phd ,pls help me whats the procedure its?

22. RP Yadav says:

dear sir,

i am RP yadav I Don’t Have any degree but i wanna do phd in CS and Cyber security