Buy Amazon Kindle at $50 Discount: Oprah Offers Promo Code

By Posted 2008 Updated   Gadgets

Oprah Winfrey, the world’s most powerful celebrity, says she loves the Amazon Kindle and calls it “my new favorite thing in the world,” and she likes it so much that she is offering a promo code that offers a $50 discount on it, so that others can enjoy the gadget.

Oprah Loves KindleAmazon Kindle is a wireless portable reading device that provides instant access to more than 190,000 books, blogs, newspapers and magazines. Kindle has a revolutionary electronic-paper display that provides a sharp, high-resolution screen that looks and reads like real paper. It is simple to use and requires no computer, no cables, no syncing. The wireless connectivity enables you to shop the Kindle Store directly from your Kindle and buy books which are auto-delivered wirelessly in less than one minute.

Buy the Amazon Kindle. Use the coupon code / promo code OPRAHWINFREY to get $50 off the price of the Kindle. This offer is valid through November 1, 2008.

7 comments on “Buy Amazon Kindle at $50 Discount: Oprah Offers Promo Code

1. JR @ Cheap Laptop Computers says:

D-mn It!! I just bought a Kindle last week as a gift for my mom’s 50th B-day, I wish I had this discount, that is a great savings.

2. kindle help says:

I am surprised the offer expires so soon. I am predicted a $299 price long term on the Kindle in order to compete with the other readers.

3. Diane Peterson says:

I purchased a kindle on 10-24-08 and received the $50 discount. Now I am trying to purchase 2 more for my sisters (as gifts) and it will not allow me to use the promo code. Am I allowed only 1 purchase with the code?

4. Erica Kaim says:

Really wish the promo would have been offered through Christmas

5. AmazonFans says:

Amazon offers Amazon kindle 2 now. And it is better than first generation. You should try it.

6. Ada Guerra says:

I just heard about the kindle from a friend, during my research I saw the ad for the 50.00 coupon but notice it had expired!%@$#%@$ any possiblity Oprah will reactiviate it? I would love one but the price is steep for me right now unless I had a discount!

7. mildred pineiro says: