Download WordPress 3.0 Now

By Posted 2010 Updated   BloggingDownloadsWordPress

Download WordPress 3.0 now. The latest and biggest version of WordPress 3.0 is released and available for download by the WordPress community.

WordPress 3.0 is showcased by a new default WordPress theme called Twenty Ten, replacing the old Kubrick theme. Theme developers can now play around with new APIs that allow them to easily implement custom backgrounds, headers, shortlinks, menus, post types, and taxonomies.

A major achievement is the  merger of WordPress MU (multi-user) and WordPress, allowing you to create and run multiple WordPress blogs from one WordPress installation. The new bulk update feature lets you upgrade 15 plugins at once with a single click too. Here is detailed feature list of WordPress 3.0

Download WordPress 3.0 – Tuned up by 1,217 bug fixes and feature enhancements, WordPress 3.0 promises to change the way you blog. See the video below to get an overview of the new changes.

6 comments on “Download WordPress 3.0 Now

1. Abhishek says:

Good news..going to upgrade my wordpress

2. Harsh Agrawal says:

I updated my blog to latest wordpress 3.0 version and first thing which I noticed is change in the dashboard layout.
    After that I activated the network settings to let my blog behave like MU.
    So far I have not seen any known issue apart from Google Xml sitemap plugin showing error when I enabled multi-site option.
    I’m waiting to see a quick update for Google Xml sitemap plugin, so that it can work without any issue with multi-site,or else any better alternate plugin.

3. Julian says:

however, i still love the 2.9
    i need to adapt the gray on admin dashboard

4. vinod says:

wordpress download link broke the file size show on site is 3mb im able to download only 2.3mb no.of trys fails any alternative solution. If you have downloaded can you provide me link of it.

thanks
    vinod

5. Rahul says:

Overall, how is everyone doing in terms of plugins?
    From what I hear, most are complaining that simple ones like Sociable, Related Posts and others don’t work at all with 3.0 which I find scary…I was also looking through WordPress.org’s plugins area and reading a lot of negative comments…I still haven’t upgraded and don’t know if I will until the next update comes out.

6. Mamuti says:

this is a great software.