My Favorite Gmail Feature ‘Undo Send’ Got Better

By 28-06-2010   Google

Do you know my favorite Gmail feature? Its actually a Gmail labs feature called Undo Send that I have been using for a year now and has helped me hundreds of times pull back a sent email back into my draft folder in one click.

Undo Send in Gmail

Recently they made the feature even better and instead of the earlier 5 seconds, Undo Send now allows  three time durations till which you can snatch the email back from the Gmail servers – 5, 10 and 20 seconds.

Undo Send time

You can change the undo send time from your Gmail settings easily.  This basically means you can “undo send” or get your email back into your inbox as late as 20 seconds after pressing Send email.

I suggest you enable this feature and you will never regret sending an unwanted email seconds after pressing Send. Try for yourself and you will not let it go. This my favorite and most used Gmail feature and I often wonder why it is still in Gmail labs.

What is your favorite Gmail feature?

8 comments on “My Favorite Gmail Feature ‘Undo Send’ Got Better

1. Sean Supplee says:

hahaha gotta love that feature when you realize you sent a mix up out or forgot to attach a file (happens more often then it should)

2. Harsh Agrawal says:

This feature is a life saver for me.. Most of the time time when I forget to proof read my Email and I hot Send button, what could be better than Undo button.. ;)

3. surendar says:

hey thanks for this information if we attach some file also we can undo that mail ha

4. Jimmerz says:

There is no reason anyone should ever need this feature. If you’re not ready to send an email, here’s an idea…don’t send it in the first place!

5. Basant | Techno-Pulse says:

I always wished this feature! it’ll help if they increase the undo time to atleast 5min…

6. Sally says:

It has saved my neck a few times. I sometimes go to quick and poof, I send something that was not really ready. I think that this is great.

7. Bob says:

:) I never thought this feature exist. Actually i have a blog on filter feature in gmail. This feature is like the recall message in Outlook,

Thanks i should try this one.

8. Ellie K says:

Yes, the “cancel send” feature in Gmail is wonderful! It is EXACTLY like the MS Outlook “recall” functionality, but in some ways, even better, because everywhere I used MS Outlook, “recall” would only work for email sent within the corporate firewall, or “intranet”. However the Gmail feature seems to work regardless of the domain name of the recipient! I’m not certain, but no problems yet!

P.S. I like the Gmail feature that allows me to separate my folders all on the same page view, this is oe that is a Labs feature, not part of filters.