$35 India Tablet (Laptop) is Real [Video]

By Updated   GadgetsIndia

As the world was skeptical if the $35 India tablet (laptop) was real – Kapil Sibal, Indian HRD minister himself displayed the product at Gadget guru on NDTV.

You can catch the NDTV interview with Vikram Chandra and Rajiv Makhni, where he confirms that manufacturers can indeed supply $35 tablets if a million tablets are ordered. These would be for direct supply to Indian universities at this subsidized prices for students. Of course retail prices in the market would definitely by higher, Catch the interview on NDTV below.

The 35$ (Rs. 1700+) gadget has 2 Gb RAM, runs on Android platform (which is open source), has 2 USB 2.0 ports, wifi, SD card slot, a TV out and a camera with a cool touch screen. NDTV guys got a hands on view of the $35 India tablet (often publicized as laptop).

Well this seems better than the XO laptops. What are your thoughts?

11 comments on “$35 India Tablet (Laptop) is Real [Video]

1. Sumesh says:

This seems better than OLPC, but there are several things to consider.
    1. Whether it is priced $35 or actually costs as much
    2. Overall quality of device
    3. Touchscreen (resistive) is likely a pain to work with.
    4. Actual market price will be significantly higher so $35 is just eyewash. You’d be lucky to get it for $50, if at all, initially.

• QuickOnlineTips says:

Even if it does not retail early, students might sell it off on Ebay to make a good deal.

2. Gaurav Bhatnagar says:

thanks for featuring the videos :)
    I just can’t wait to try it and hack it to run other OS on it :)
    a fully detailed specification release will be great! waiting for the processor type and the preloaded software!

3. Nim @ Online Jobs says:

That’s way too cheap. I just hope it will have as high quality as those on the market right now.

• Gaurav Bhatnagar says:

those on market right now are above ranging from $500 to $1000.
      you want it all out of a $35????? kidding me ehh..???

4. Tej Kohli says:

Its very great News .. Means India is also making new milestone in technology Best of luck India

5. Dean says:

Come out to the market, I will believe it. Otherwise, promising on prototype will be just non-sense things. We want to see the reality.

6. A.Radhakrishnan says:

I wish to gt more details ( Specifications ). This is to develop a Low Cost multi access Educational & Entertainment System.

7. sandeep says:

from where to get this

8. Laptop says:

This is wonderful blog for me, i really like, i must further visit in future thanks to give me a relevant information…….

9. Thunder says:

What the …
    I want it at all cost but let me know its features.