McAf.ee Creates Safe Secure Short URLs

By Posted 2010 Updated   Security

Mcaf.ee is a new secure-short URL service  powered by reputed security and antivirus software company McAfee. Lately many short urls are cloaking and redirecting to dangerous malware sites and tricking users.

mcafee-short url

We got this url when we used the service http://mcaf.ee/50ce74 – if you click on it, you can see how the sites are reviewed and the top frame shows the result.

mcafee safe site

Mcaf.ee short urls

So why are Mcaf.ee short urls secure? McAf.ee is powered by McAfee Global Threat Intelligence, so it lets you create short url’s which are checked against McAfee databases of known spam, dangerous, malware hosting, bot control sites prior to being shown.

If the site is flagged  dangerous, McAfee will show a  warning page  giving users an option to go back  before visiting the site. There are various levels of danger – like most dangerous (Red sites) which they block from visiting without typing the “long” url, the suspicious (Yellow) will warn the user, but allow a click through, and the safe sites (Green) are displayed instantly. So head over to Mcaf.ee now and secure your urls.

Best way to use Mcaf.ee short urls

Grab the McAfee Secure URL Shortner Google chrome extension to quickly use McAfee’s short URL service.

mcafee chrome extension

6 comments on “McAf.ee Creates Safe Secure Short URLs

1. Donna says:

I have a similar program right now. I will be getting a new one in a few months. I will have to do some checking up to see if, I want to change or not. It sounds like a good thing. I can use all the help I can get. Thanks for the heads up.

2. Rishi says:

I’ll call this rather stupid of McAfee to bring up such weird initiative. URL shortener from such a big brand, that too with spam scan – sounds good, stupid in practical.

3. عالم النسيان says:

A program that has features making it one of the first anti-virus programs.
    But the shortcut links already service does not rise to the level of the program.
    The search for viruses in the sites is rather beautiful..

4. Cleopatra costumes says:

I would have never expected a product idea, much less a complete program/application like this, to come from a company like McAf.ee – really doesn’t make much sense to me

5. Bibhor says:

McAfee is a trusted name in the world and i feel that by doing this the company had made our life simpler in a way or 2.

6. Cheap SSL says:

A affairs that has appearance authoritative it one of the aboriginal anti-virus programs.But the adjustment links already account does not acceleration to the akin of the program.
    Thanks with regard.