Now Buy Amazon Kindle in India

By Updated   GadgetsIndia

Want to buy Amazon Kindle in India? I saw this huge ad in the national newspaper today advertising sale of Amazon Kindle in India for the first time…

You remember how I finally did Buy Kindle and shipped my Amazon Kindle to India and shared the Kindle unboxing pics. Now this was surprising when I spotted this Kindle ad. Could I get it cheaper in India?

kindle newspaper ad

I checked the url provided and it links to Indiatimes, one of the largest online shopping stores in India. I visited the provided url shopping.indiatimes.com/ro which links to a special “Readers Offer” and searched for Kindle and it was there.

kindle india shop

The starting price Kindle 6in wifi model is available for Rs 9315 (they also offer an EMI of Rs 1552 for 6 months) and add to it Rs 299 shipping charges. The Kindle wifi+3G model is available for Rs 12296 (EMI Rs 2049 for 6 months) + shipping Rs 299. Both models will ship within 10 days. It says you can order a maximum of 5 kindle pieces.

Considering I got my Wifi+3G Kindle shipped to India from Amazon USA for $283.92 (which included shipping $20.98 and import duty fees of $73.94), the price here is approximately the same.  So now you can own an Amazon Kindle in India under Rs 10000 and pay in Indian Rupees with your local India credit / debit card, net banking or bank cheque!

17 comments on “Now Buy Amazon Kindle in India

1. Prasad says:

After reading your earlier post, I had decided to import on Kindle and was finalizing the same. Anyways, now am glad to know that it becomes available here too…

I’ve one doubt to clear though. I won’t be having any wifi or 3G for Kindle. In fact, my Kindle will be without an internet connection. In that case, can I download e-books to my PC and transfer them to my Kindle through USB? Or is not possible at all?

Hope you can clarify my query on this aspect, so that I can decide to buy one early. Thank you.

• QuickOnlineTips says:

Kindle has free 3G worldwide, so all KIndles will have it. If you have wifi, then it switches to the wifi. You can always download e-books to PC and transfer them to Kindle through USB.

• Naveen Kulkarni says:

@Prasad.
      You can do that for sure. You can transfer the pdf books from PC to Kindle. However note that you need to convert the PDFs into Kindle readable format (.mobi or azw) via some converters so that your books looks great on Kindle. Only Kindle supported formats give a pleasant reading experience not the directly uploaded PDFs.

• Naveen Kulkarni says:

Kindle Comes in 2 versions. Wi-Fi only and WiFi+3G. You can go for the version which you feel appropriate. However, I feel even WiFi only version is also good enough :-)

• Owais says:

please contact if you wanna buy kindle in mumbai, india on a very awesome price its for 6k only.

2. Fish tank filters says:

Prasad you should still be able to send ebooks to your kindle through the computer via a USB cable!

3. Naveen Kulkarni says:

I have already bought the Kindle from same offer :-) Its good except the delivery time. Delivery took almost 12 days. But the product was in great condition, well packed and nicely delivered.

• QuickOnlineTips says:

I guess they are buying from Amazon and selling it. Amazon US delivered to us in 3 days flat to Delhi.

• Winning Ideas says:

QOT,

You are right there. It was the reason for delayed delivery of the product.
        Naveen

4. Naveen Kulkarni says:

QOT,
    Thanks for the article.
    Kindle, has become one my best investment as far as buying gadgets is considered. I can read hundreds books, learn new words (Thanks to the amazing dictionary) without worrying about straining my eyes or charging the device frequently. What’s more, even while travelling, Kindle proves that its nothing less than a gem for book lovers :-) I carry it with me and read lot of stuff.
    Book lovers..Grab this amazing device.

You can also take a look at the review of Kindle from my personal experiences on my blog

5. Naveen Kulkarni says:

Thats nice. You can download mobipocket or Calibre software for converting PDFs into Kindle format.

Good Luck
    Naveen

6. Naveen Kulkarni says:

Hi QOT,
    You are right again.
    As you said, 283$ for a WiFi+3G model is almost equal to the price they are quoting for WiFi only model (Rs 9315+299). Do note that if one wants to go for 6 months EMI using their credit card they may have to shell out additional 250 Rs for this facility (one time).

In any case its a good deal :-)

Have a good day.

7. dr suresh chordiya says:

interested in buying kindle leather cover in case you have please let me know the price for me to order

8. Peter says:

I am planning to buy Kindle.

– Should we pay for every download?
    – the conversion software is free?

Peter
    Chennai

9. Sanjay M says:

Hi thanks for the great review and your experience!

You can browse the net as well in a Kindle technically. Were you able to do this using 3G in India?

10. manish says:

i want to buy a kindle wifi + 3G but i want to know if the wifi and 3G service can be put on an OFF mode when i m not downloading any book ?