Google Stops Adsense Cheque Payments in India

Google has stopped issuing Adsense check payments in India to Adsense publishers. This is part of the ongoing conversion of accounts to new Adsense payment options, but unfortunately it takes away the easier Adsense cheques which we all used to find in the mailbox every  month, and more recently delivered by local city courier.

While news has been around for some time that these changes were expected, it is rolling out to Indian Adsense publishers now. Our Adsense account payments got on hold and now our account is upgraded to the new payments system.

hold adsense payment

and no payments will be done till we switch to the new payment systems. So what has changed….

International USD Wire Transfers

Indian publishers till now used to receive checks in Indian rupees by default and there was no option for ETF or electronic funds transfer. There was after currency conversion from USD to INR at their end.  These Indian rupee cheques were easy to deposit in Indian banks by simply dropping in  cheque deposit boxes.

INR Cheques Were Easy – Although you can deposit dollar cheques in Indian Banks, there is a long process of form filling, bank visits  and delay in the  money getting deposited  in your bank account over the next few weeks.

International Money Transfer – But now they offer International wire transfers in USD directly to your bank account. While it would have been great if they offered both check and ETF options, right now this is the only option available.

Here is what you need to ask your bank

• Will they accept such dollar transfers every month.
  • Are there any bank transfer fees they will charge.
  • Know what currency conversion fees they will charge.
  • Then you need to fill the Account holder name, bank name, bank account number, IFSC code, SWIFT code

bank transfer details

Advantages  – The main advantage will be timely money transfer to your bank account every month, more transparency in currency exchange rate, and no lost delayed cheques and related issues.

Have any of you set up Adsense wire transfers in India? What has been your experience.

1. Mrinal saha says:

This is great, recently my bank has bounced my latest check from google due to some internal staff error and I was charged Rs 100. Although the matter was resolved and I got my money back but this took me a month.

So this is really awesome. But I have a Question what is swift no that we need to enter for wired payment ?

2. I have a SBI account ,Do you think such government banks has those function.

3. Sheetal says:

Thanks for sharing great news, now my money will transfer to my bank account every month. Google has started EFT after long time but indians are happy.

4. P. Chandra says:

Government banks like SBI should have those functions, but it is good idea to contact them to get the IFSC/SWIFT codes as well as know about what bank charges they will deduct.

5. P. Chandra says:

SWIFT codes are unique bank identifier codes and are unique for your bank.
    See list of SWIFT bank codes here

6. madhura says:

This is really sweet news, EFT is far better than cheque. if you are in a city where in city bank is not available, it use to take a week to get money. And also you need to keep in touch with courier guy to get the cheque. This is really good option. Also introducing payments to paypal would also be nice.

7. Thanks for this post. i hear about this news a month ago but don’t know when will it apply. it is good because Google take longer time to pay amount through cheque but not it become faster and easier. and your payment is directly transfer in your account.

8. I think, it is Google’s good move for Indian Adsense Publisher. Earlier, Google sent City bank cheque and branches of city bank is not in each city of India, generally capital of states. We had to deposit cheque in our local bank and then this cheque was sent to Indian branch of city bank for clarification. This process took much time. Thanks Google, which allowed payment through “International Money Transfer” and very very thanks ” P. Chandra” who shared this useful information with us.

9. Thank you for sharing great news. now my money will transfer to my bank account every month. I think it’s really good opportunity.

10. Nextechage says:

This is really a great news and it will save our lots of time to fill forms and also get money directly to bank account. Yeah And swift and IFSC code both are different . some banks is not provide swift code they have only IFSC code but some banks have both facility of Swift and IFSC code.

11. Meenakshi says:

Exactly my friend had face this problem

12. I still have not got the cheque of march month.

13. Peter says:

Google Adsense has introduced this new payment system with wire transfer which I think is good rather than going for checks. As banks took a lot of time to clear international checks and even charge a significant amount of money as a fees also.

14. Akshat Verma says:

today my account also get upgraded automatically. now have to set up the EFT option for receiving payment. i did not know that they will stop cheque payment permanently.

15. Azhar says:

Hi Saha,
    I had the same problem, many branches in India have no swift code here is a quick way to find your branch swift code if your branch has no swift code.

16. Rajkumar says:

Ya recently i have received my adsense payment from my bank account directly. It is very surprising for me.

17. Vivek Shukla says:

it is true i have also get my payment through wire transfer. it is safe and easy way to get payment in my bank account.

18. pardhu says:

my adsense money are paid succucess fully by eft of google as shown in adsense but my amount is not recieved

19. Debarpan says:

This is really a great news for every indian blogger.I just got my money on EFT.

20. Rohit says:

My Pin Generated Date is April 9th 2015, Upto now i didnt get the Pin through post …… Applied for 2 times …,