The Technorati report on State of the Blogosphere, February 2006 Part 1 on Blogosphere Growth is out at the David Sifry’s Alerts.
David Sifry is founder and CEO of Technorati who publishes the Sifry’s Alerts. State of the Blogosphere is a round up of key statistics and blogging trends as tracked by Technorati. And some of the key results of the summary they publish are
“* Technorati now tracks over 27.2 Million blogs
* The blogosphere is doubling in size every 5 and a half months
* It is now over 60 times bigger than it was 3 years ago
* On average, a new weblog is created every second of every day
* Spings (Spam Pings) can sometimes account for as much as 60% of the total daily pings Technorati receives
* Sophisticated spam management tools eliminate the spings and find that about 9% of new blogs are spam or machine generated
* Technorati tracks about 1.2 Million new blog posts each day, about 50,000 per hour
Stay updated with the periodic States of the blogosphere.