The Joy of Giving Week is being celebrated from 27th September to 3rd October 2009. The Joy of Giving initiative is a national movement, that aims at engage Indians in different “acts of giving” money, time, resources and skills.
A lot of events are taking place as celebrities, corporates, NGOs and individuals are giving their support to the initiative.
Some key events taking place are
- Design for Giving contest aims to reach out to over 30,000 schools and have over 100,000 children for bold, fresh ideas that will be documented and showcased to demonstrate that our children can ‘design’ solutions for India’s greatest challenges!
- India Giving Challenge provides a way for NGOs to raise even more money for their cause through a matching grant from GiveIndia.
- 7 Day Gift challenge – Give one gift each day for 7 days to a friend or a complete stranger. Put a little thought to each of the gifts that you make. See the world change and see the change in you.
- Joyfest is a cultural event in your campus, during the ‘Joy of Giving Week’ where the students will make it happen. Your college will invite a local NGO of its choice (orphanage, old people’s home, blind school) as guests of honour and put up a cultural performance with a mix of popular events.
- Battle of the Buffet – Leading 5 star hotels & top restaurants in the city sponsor a fundraiser for NGOs. A donor who makes a donation of Rs 5K to an NGO will be given an invite to this event.
What are you going to give?
Read more tips about India
Start a discussion. Share your view: Post a Comment on Twitter