Mozilla Service Week is happening from September 14-21, 2009 and they are asking people to step up and make a difference by using the Web to better their community. Can you share, give, engage, create, and collaborate by offering your time and talent to local organizations and people who need their help?
How Can You Make a Difference?
Go out in your local community this week and try this
* Teach senior citizens how to use the Web.
* Show a non-profit how to use social networking to grow its base of supporters.
* Help install a wireless network at a school.
* Create Web how-to materials for a library’s computer cluster.
* Refurbish hardware for a local computer center.
* Update a non-profit organization’s website.
* Teach the values of the open Web to other public benefit organizations.
Mozilla Service Week is based on the belief that everyone should know how to use the Internet, have easy access to it, and have a good experience when they’re online. Search for opportunities on Idealist, challenge your friends to join your efforts on PledgeBank or promote your participation in the Mozilla Service Week with a customized Personas skin for Firefox.