Firefox Extensions are small add-ons that add new functionality to Firefox. They can add anything from a toolbar button to a completely new feature. They allow the browser to be customized to fit the personal needs of each user if they need additional features, while keeping Firefox small to download. They can power up some Google services too…
Best Firefox Extensions for Google and Gmail
- Google Page Rank Status – Displays the google pagerank of the current url in your browser’s status bar.
- GoogleBar – An unofficial Google toolbar for Firefox. You must uninstall any older versions before installing this.
- Googlebar with PageRank – It is a modification to the Googlebar which adds the Pagerank feature.
- Google Preview – Inserts preview images (thumbnails) of web sites, Amazon products and stock charts into the Google and yahoo.com search results pages.
- Adbar – Displays Google ads related to pages you view.
- Autofill – a semi-faithful recreation of Google’s IE Autofill function in Mozilla Firefox (with some additional features).
- Gcache – Allows you to check the page you are browsing in the google cache. Can be handy if the server is down or the page is changed. It will add an entry called “Gcache This Page” to your contextmenu.
- Gmail Notifier – A notifier to quickly detect new emails for Gmail accounts.