Everyone wants to speed up firefox, make firefox load faster and open sites faster. So how do you speed up Firefox, especially for broadband internet connections. Here is a Quick Tip to Speed Up Firefox:
Speed Up Firefox, Make Firefox fast
Tip 1 : Normally when you type in a url, the browser will make one request to a web page at a time. When you enable pipelining it will make several requests at once, which really speeds up page loading.
Step 1: Type “about:config” into the address bar and hit return. Scroll down and look for the following entries:
Step 2: Alter the entries as follows:
- Set “network.http.pipelining” to “true”
- Set “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to “true”
- Set “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” to some number like 30. This means it will make 30 requests at once.
Tip 2: Change the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it recieves.
- Right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer.
- Name it “nglayout.initialpaint.delay” and set its value to “0”. This value reduces the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it recieves.
Read more tips about Firefox