Everyone wants to speed up firefox, make firefox load faster and open sites faster. So how do you speed up Firefox, especially for broadband internet connections. Here is a Quick Tip to Speed Up Firefox:
Speed Up Firefox, Make Firefox fast
Tip 1 : Normally when you type in a url, the browser will make one request to a web page at a time. When you enable pipelining it will make several requests at once, which really speeds up page loading.
Step 1: Type “about:config” into the address bar and hit return. Scroll down and look for the following entries:
Step 2: Alter the entries as follows:
- Set “network.http.pipelining” to “true”
- Set “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to “true”
- Set “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” to some number like 30. This means it will make 30 requests at once.
Tip 2: Change the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it recieves.
- Right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer.
- Name it “nglayout.initialpaint.delay” and set its value to “0”. This value reduces the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it recieves.