Free Nokia BL-5C Battery Replacement for Overheating

By Posted 2007 Updated   GadgetsSecurity

Nokia is free replacement of Nokia BL-5C batteries which could experience overheating initiated by a short circuit while charging and cause the battery to dislodge. Nokia issued a product advisory for free replacement of 46 million batteries and consumers can check if their Nokia mobile phone battery qualifies for the deal.

The product advisory says that approximately 100 incidents of overheating have been reported globally while charging the battery. These cell phone batteries were manufactured by Matsushita Battery Industrial Co., Ltd. of Japan between December 2005 and November 2006.

Nokia BL-5C Battery Replacement

Nokia Battery Bl-5C

1. See if “Nokia” and “BL-5C” are printed on the front of the battery.
  2. On the back of the battery, the Nokia mark appears at the top, and a 26 characters battery identification number is found at the bottom. If the battery identification number does not contain 26 characters, it is not subject to this product advisory.
  3. Visit the Nokia battery replacement page online and enter your 26 digit battery identification number to see if your battery is affected and eligible for free battery replacement.

Update: Nokia users in India can check the safety status of their battery by SMS – You can send the text message below to 5555
BT <26 character battery identification number>

NOTE: Please do not post personal mobile phone numbers and battery identification numbers in these comments for your own privacy -all such comments will be deleted. We are in no way related to Nokia and do not provide support for this issue. You need to contact official Nokia site and dealers for all issues related to your phone battery replacement.

61 comments on “Free Nokia BL-5C Battery Replacement for Overheating

1. kiran says:

I have no get response from nokia on batere replacement main

2. QuickOnlineTips says:

Please do not post personal mobile phone numbers and battery identification numbers in these comments for your own privacy. All such comments will be deleted. These numbers have to be inputed on the form on the Nokia website like provided. Thanks.

3. RANJIT says:

how can i change my battery

4. suman raut says:

I am have got nokia’s BL5C (2310) battery and want to replace it but i dont know anything how we can replace me so will you help me

5. Afzal Noorani says:

I want to know whether my battery needs to be replaced or what

6. Rahul says:

I fill the form but i do not get ther new battery

7. Suresh TRD. says:

Already I have registered for the replacement of Nokia Bl-5C in the Advisory committee. I have not been informed when shall I get the replacement battery.

8. kamal ranjan nandi says:

I didn’t get the new battery.

9. Balaram Sadhukhan says:

10. Rajveer Chauhan says:

Please tell me how we can replace our battery

11. Avinash Mool says:

I have filled the required but did not receive the battery yet. how long will it take ?

12. QuickOnlineTips says:

Please DO NOT post support requests for individual cases. This article points you to the official Nokia website where all support related to your inquiry will be provided. Please do not post battery numbers here.

13. Imran.M says:

While charging my battery is getting heat

14. jilakrajan says:

hw to request replacement the bl-c battery

15. gsvpkd-mani says:

Such a Big Nokia Company Hosting a Hopeless webpage..
    www.nokia.com/batteryreplacement

want to check to say hopeless again…

Just enter any 26 digits say 26 Zeros..
    It gives you like this..

Product Advisory: Nokia BL-5C battery

Your battery is not among those manufactured by Matsushita between December 2005 and November 2006 and your battery will not be replaced.

Thank you for checking your battery.

16. hindustani says:

i don’t know how to open my nokia cell phone. how to see the battery number ?

17. JYO. says:

how can i change battery

18. nadiah sulaiman says:

I have received my NEW battery..yeah! Thanx NOKIA

19. ashok says:

Already I have registered for the replacement of Nokia Bl-5C in the Advisory committee. I didnt get the new battery, till now.

20. swapnil s. gurav says:

Already I have registered for the replacement of Nokia Bl-5C. I didnt get the new battery, How can nokia is not responsible.

21. nitin m sawant says:

22. CHANDER says:

ihave a BL-5c 3.7 V in use at my mobile NOKIA . The battery has almost reached a stage of EXPLOSION – it has BULGED in its middle portion . Though as a precaution I j\have pi\urchased a new battery and changed it but I have narrowly missed a BURST Case – please get it investigated and provif\de me free replcement . REGARDS

CHANDER

23. chandan says:

It has been on 22-08-2007 that my battery has been despatched but i did not receive any battery as yet….By what date shall i expect my new battery??

24. Anil De says:

For replacement of one battery BL-5C, it was registered on 19-8-2007 and the replacement process started on 20-8-2007. But I am yet to received the same till date (29-9-2007).

25. Srinivasu says:

Already I have registered for the replacement of Nokia Bl-5C in the Advisory Committee. I have not been informed when shall I get the replacement battery.

26. anirban nandi says:

before 1.5 month i send mail for replacement of BL-5c battery, but no response from the other end

27. dipak kumar chakrabarty says:

I have registered for replacement of battery on 16.08.2007.I have not yet received the new battery.

28. HARI PRASAD says:

on 15th august 07 on confirmation as defect battery from nokia productadvisiory it was registered sucessfully, but it was very sad since 2months happens iam not yet receipt the battery, even my mobile is underwarranty

29. Imelda Silva says:

I already send my BL-5C # and other information on where you will send the new battery. My question is, when will you intended to send mine?
    I bought a Nokia Cellphone because I trust the brand and I didnt expect to buy a deffective product! Send my new battery as soon as possible before I might get hurt of this thing! You should’nt sell that kind of batteries in the first place?

30. Anish says:

I already reigstered about my battery in NOKIA website.But no reply from the NOKIA,so what to do?

31. Pankaj Bendre says:

32. Intekhab says:

Requested for the battery on the site in July 07 but no reply from nokia and no replacement for the battery yet.It is really sad, I think people now should think of other brands.

33. krutika kanherkar says:

i had submitted the form a month before,but no action had been taken for battery replacment uptil now

34. Kalyani says:

i submitted my request on aug 16th itself. But no reply from the NOKIA,so what to do?

35. D.K Mishra says:

Already I have registered for the replacement of Nokia BL-5C in the Advisory committee. I have not been informed when shall I get the replacement battery.

36. shashi kumar says:

I have filled my form for replacement of baterry 1 month ago but i have not recieved it yet, please tell me when will i get it.

37. Dr Amit Chhabra says:

38. Billa Yuvaraj Damodar says:

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I had informed to check my BL-5C BATTERY if it has manufacturing defect. And I got the result. Nokia had informed me to give my details and I will receive a new battery in replacement of my manufacturing decected battery by NOKIA on 7th October of 2007. It has been more than 2 weeks and I have not received the same.
    Please inform me about the same.

39. ankur goel says:

I had submitted the form more than Two month before,but not received the new battery yet. you give the reply in my e-mail.

40. BINAY MAITI says:

I had submitted the form more than two month before, but not recevied the new battery yet. please reply in e mail at the earliest.

41. V A says:

Sending msg to 5555 gives : No default configured ??!!

42. anurag sharma says:

how can i check nokia orrignal battery?

43. Kinley Dorji says:

I have received the Nokia BL-5C battery replacement from NOKIA CO. HongKong … on 14/11/2007 How can I acknowledge the same? do I need to send back the old bettery?.

44. Shyamal Bhattacharjee says:

I have registered thru’ e-mail for the replacement of NOKIA BL – 5C battery of my cell on 14th. August, 2007. Unfortunately even today (23-11-2007)I have NOT received the battery.Are you replacing the battery at all or its simply propaganda.

45. Jitin Jain says:

46. Mahesh says:

I have 2 nos. of BL-5C batterry and want to get replacment.

Please let me know how i can get the replacment.

Mahesh

47. Sangram Jagtap says:

I ve applied for battery replacement in the month of august and till now i havent received any replacement battery from Nokia.What is my status.If i go to local Nokia care center there are saying that i ve applied thru Net i will get battery from Nokia.But till now i havent received any battery.If you want you can verify from Courier side also if you have already dispatched my battery.My battery no is 0670400363563N015522602219.

48. ALAMGIR KHAN says:

I Fill up the form for battery replacement on 17-08-2007 but still now I could not get the new battery.

49. A.Kalai Selvi says:

I had submitted the form in the month of August 2007 , but not recevied the new battery yet (JAN -2008). please reply in e mail at the earliest.

50. A.Kalai Selvi says:

I had submitted the form in the month of August 2007 , but not recevied the new battery yet (JAN -2008). Please reply in e mail at the earliest. I have send comment also but i have received no reply. Please do the needful

51. Yoganarasimhan says:

I had registered for the online replacement of BL-5C battery around 4 months back but till now i have not received any replacement

52. yards says:

I Entered my battery identification number and why until now i never receive any replied coming from nokia replacement..How will i know that they will replace it? How long i’ve been waited for the replacement?

53. Gurpreet Singh Pahwa says:

I have not received my Nokia Battery either. It has been 8 months now. Will Nokia deliver when our batteries will explode?

Nokia has taken customers for a ride and news channels just made their advertising moolah by making big deal out of it. Ultimately, it’s only people who got fooled.

54. Manoj Kumar.K says:

Hi im Manoj.. I have registered for replacement of BL-5C battery 3 months ago but no action till now… How long wil it take to get a new one.. Can i go to the nearest nokia priority center and claim for new one..

55. dinesh says:

my battery model is also as such BL-5C ……..my battery is bulged in the middle portion of it and can explode anytime…..so i am expecting a new battery fromn your company as soon as possible

56. Nitin Subrao Arjune says:

Battery is overheating & physically damaged please send new battery for earlier.

57. marco farah says:

58. syam says:

I want replace BL-5c

59. sooraj says:

My battery is overheating.

60. deepkamalborah says:

i m having problem in charging please do the needful

61. Shiljith k says:

i have nokia BL-5C Battery ,it is over heating and suddenly battery downing ,so please do the needful,