8 Killer Tips to Get Quality Twitter Followers

By Updated   Guest PostsSocial MediaTutorialsTwitter

Guest post by Asad Mubeen.
How to get quality Twitter Followers? Whether you are a blogger, marketer, businessman or social media fella you can’t ignore the importance of twitter in promoting your blog, product, or business. Your brand can’t get famous if you don’t do Twitter promotion carefully. One of the most important things to do, to get the most out of Twitter, is to get quality Twitter Followers.

Increasing your twitter followers is not a big task. If you follow people or companies who are using auto follow tools or people with almost same followers /following ratio; your followers will definitively increase but what benefit your brand will get from it? Nothing more than useless large number of followers.

Quality followers are your most important asset on Twitter. These followers are actually the ones who listen to you, buy your products, and reply and retweet  your tweets. These followers are hard to get but they are worth your hard work. Here are 8 useful tips that will help you to get quality twitter followers.

1. Follow Big Guns in Your Niche

Find the people or brands which are the most influential in your niche. This will help you to analyze which techniques they are using to get quality followers. Moreover, you can interact with their followers to tell them about your blog or product. You can easily find big guns in your niche using services like twellow and wefollow.

wefollow

2. Use Real-time Twitter Search

Real-time Twitter Search is a great way to find followers of your choice. You can use it to find people and hot discussions related to your niche or product. E.g if you want to find people interested in Apple Apps, search “Apple Apps” and you can easily find the people interested in it. Get involve in the discussion going around to get more quality followers.

twitter search

3. Use #Hashtags as keywords in Tweets

Hashtags are like keyword tags that help label your tweets. Keyword tags allow people to more easily find related content of interest. Adding hashtags to your tweets will give more exposure to your tweets and people will find you easily.

4. Engagement

The main purpose of creating Twitter was engagement. Engage with your followers using  @replies. If they ask any question or say something to their followers, reply to them. This engagement will make good impact on those who will visit your profile and they will not hesitate to follow you.

5. Show Retweet Love

Retweeting  other twitter  users tweets related to your niche shows your support to them. In return, they might retweet your tweets which will make a way for you to get more quality followers.

6. Use Customize Background Design

If you have an attractive, well designed and informational customized background design on twitter, people will easily know who you are. You can better brand your product or blog using catchy images, logos and text in the custom background. It will give your profile a professional touch and people who will be interested in your services will follow you.Your browser may not support display of this image.

twitter background

7. Quality Tweets

To get more quality followers, quality tweets is the key. Your tweets should be beneficial for your community. It doesn’t mean that you only tweet about your product or blog articles but also about yourself. E.g if you are tweeting 10 times about your product then 1 tweet should be related to you.

8. Promote Twitter Profile

This is one of the most important and simple way to get quality twitter followers. Promote your twitter profile on your blog or website using your profile link or twitter button. If people will like your product or service they might follow you on twitter to get latest updates from you.

If you are using Twitter to create a dialogue with interesting people then having a large amount of followers will be good for you but if you are using it to promote a business, quality is definitely a better barometer.

What are your thoughts on above tips? If you know about any other nice tip, do add it in comments.

Asad Mubeen is a blogger and tech lover who is Editor-in-Chief of TecRux, – Technology News Blog , a new but promising blog which covers technology news related to Google, Apple, Microsoft, the web and also shares interesting How-to’s, tips and tricks. See out guest blogging guide and join 300 guest bloggers here.

This is a guest article and represents opinions of the guest author

23 comments on “8 Killer Tips to Get Quality Twitter Followers

1. Anup @ Hack Tutors says:

I also do same to get more followers :)

2. Darlene says:

Good tips, Asad. #2 could be a great thing to do daily. I hadn’t thought about checking in daily on keyword searches and gaining followers there, but reading your post brought that idea to mind. Who knows what I might find?

Great post- concise and actionable. Thanks.

Darlene

• Asad says:

Yeah, tip No.2 can be quite effective on gaining quality followers because the keyword search takes you to those people who are related to your business and they will be surely interested in the services you offer.
      Thanks Darlene for stepping by!

3. Tom C. says:

The best way to get more Twitter followers is re-tweet nice contents. You can automate this process using TweetTwain(http://tweettwain.com ), first select proper keywords, configure TweetTwain to monitor these keywords and TweetTwain will keep re-tweeting tweets which contain these keywords. The in-build re-tweet engine will make sure you are not re-tweeting more than 10 tweets a day :) Great isn’t it?

• Asad says:

Looks great from what you told. I will give it a shot to check if it works for me.

Thanks Tom for the tip.

4. Swamykant says:

Hi Asad

“Use Real-time Twitter Search” I have not used it yet.. Let me give a start now onwards

Thanks for the tips buddy :0

5. Danii says:

Found exactly what I needed in your article. Going to clean up my follower list right now and start focusing solely on quality.

6. Special K says:

Hi Asad, great tips for a newbie like me. I have a question though, If I don’t want to unfollow certain people, but their tweets are clogging my scroll, how can I opt to not see their tweets? Thx!

• Asad says:

Good to know that you found these tips helpful.
      To get tweets from selected people, you can use twitter clients like seesmic and hootsuite.

• Marcus says:

One way to keep your stream clean is to create lists. That way you can select the people’s updates who you want to see. Also, you don’t have to follow someone if you don’t like what they post or if they post too often for you. I recommend being more selective in who you follow and who follows you. Having spammers for followers doesn’t help you at all and could actually hurt you.

7. Asad says:

You are welcome Emma. As they say,first impression is the last impression. Same is the case with good custom background design.

8. Lindsey Sail says:

Very useful post, I will definitely be trying these suggestions out.

9. Eamon Diamond says:

Twitter is widely spread out today and most marketers use this to promote products.

10. Web Agent says:

Twitter is best place to gain knowledge and find really good friends. Quality followers are what I’m looking for. Thanks much for the great tips.

11. Ben Kevin says:

Auto-follow feature in tweettwain really rocks! Whoever mentioning my brand in Twitter world will be automatically followed. Thanks for the listing.

12. Rajib Kumar says:

I really love this. I use #Hashtags and its works. Thanks for share.

13. Vishal says:

I follow 17 news corporation tweets, each of which have 100000 or more followers. The followers like me get hundreds of tweet updates daily from these news sources.

What are the chances of my tweet being read by some targeted followers, when it will get lost in the twitter stream quickly?

Thanks
    Vishal

14. Paul says:

Thanks for the tips. I have 2 twitter accounts – one personal and one for my business. I use similar tactics for both to ensure engaging tweets. But the fact is that the business account much gets less followers. And all I can put it down to is the less personal feel. Interesting, but frustrating!

15. Nick Graff says:

Thanks for the detailed post! This saved me $20 on an ecourse. I especially like the part about @replies. I will use that. Thanks again!

Nick

16. mistress chat says:

I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your website. It’s a
    very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit
    more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?

Excellent work!