Fastest Way to Export Contacts from Blackberry to Android Smartphone

By 20-03-2011   GadgetsTutorials

How can you export / transfer your Blackberry contacts to an Android phone easily. I bought a new Samsung Ace Android smartphone and decided to transfer contacts from my Blackberry Curve mobile phone, but it was not so easy.

Phone to SIM memory

How I transferred contacts last time? I thought I would transfer all contacts from phone memory to the SIM card, and simply put in the SIM card in the Andorid and all contacts would come live. But all my contacts were stored on the Blackberry phone and there seemed no easy way to transfer contacts from phone to SIM like my previous Sony Erricson phone.

The alternative suggested by tech support was to use the PC Blackberry computer software, and sync the contacts. Then we could export the contacts to the Android software on the computer and and then the Android phone connected to the computer would import contacts…. but that was too much to do.

Google Sync

Then I installed Google sync on the Blackberry by visiting m.google.com/sync. I downloaded the app and synced the Blackberry contacts to my Google Account. Then it was easy.

On the Samsung Ace Android Gmail app, I simply signed in to my Google account and it imported all my contacts in minutes. I had to install no software, not backup anything to the SIM, and Google Sync took care of everything.

Save Contacts to Google – Now when the Android phone asks me where to save a new contact – I dont save new contacts on Phone memory or SIM memory, but directly to Google…. that way even if I lose my phone, all my contacts are safely stored and restored to the new phone in minutes. Try Google Sync today.

12 comments on “Fastest Way to Export Contacts from Blackberry to Android Smartphone

1. Tech Crates says:

Using google sync is a nice and easy way of importing contacts. Really helpful one

2. Mike Smith says:

You must have been reading my mind because I was just looking into getting an Android phone to replace my Blackberry Curve and this post couldn’t have come at a better time :)

3. Dave says:

Thanks for the tip, Google sync makes transferring contacts so easy, Curve contacts saved to my gmail account in a few minutes, now waiting for my new android phone to arrive :)

4. Raed says:

i keep doing it, it says sync complete, but nothing appears on the pc!

5. Chaks says:

fantastic way , getting rid of all the software and updating over notebook. pretty fast impressive , Thanks

6. CJWD says:

If this works it’ll be a life saver!

7. CJWD says:

FANTASTIC! I said if it worked it would be a lifesaver and my goodness it’s just completed a complete transfer of my contacts to googlemail! Brilliant I can’t thank you enough! Now when I get the android smart new phone it’ll be a doddle getting my contacts transferred!

8. fritz says:

As soon as I tried to download this application, my security app immediately flagged it a a major security risk. Not sure why, but I am sure my contacts from my BB won’t get spammed because of phishing or whatever else is causing this application download to launch my security RISK message.

9. Saeed says:

Thnx. Its really very interested idea … please could u guide me how to install google sync in my blackberry mobile …

• Rania says:

Blackberry stopped the support for this app, so you would be unable to install it and would have to install BIS instead to sync your contacts, calendar, etc.

10. khan says:

how can i move my whole data from BB to samsung phone?