Feedblitz and Feedburner are two services which help readers subscribe to any blog or website. While Feedburner is a Google owned free service, Feedblitz is an ad-supported free service. But the little text advertisement that Feedblitz places at the end of its mail does not make it second to Feedburner.
In fact, Feedburner is a RSS Service provider with email delivery as an option, whereas Feedblitz is a dedicated email delivery agent. Being a dedicated service makes Feedblitz much better to Feedburner and this article illustrates the reasons.
Feedblitz Email vs. Feedburner Email
Here are 10 reasons why Feedblitz Email Delivery is better than Feedburner Email.
1. List of Posts: Feedblitz email includes a list of articles at the beginning of the Email. This list can tell the reader what articles are included in the email. The subject of the email will give a count of the number of posts (this can be removed if necessary). Every reader might not be interested in all the articles that are posted on any website. This linked list helps readers choose their favorite article easily. In the Feedburner email all the articles are stacked one over the other. So finding the right article is little difficult.
2. Search Option: Feedblitz email includes a search option in the form of a link right at the start, with which readers can search the blog. This option is unavailable in Feedburner. Readers might use this search and it would bring readers to other contents in the blog.
3. Links to Previous Posts: Feedblitz email includes a list of previous posts. The publisher can configure the number of previous posts to be included (maximum 10). This linked list is included at the end of each mail and would definitely attract readers to previous articles.
4. Unique Subscription Options: Feedblitz Email Service provides Multiple Subscription options which are unavailable in Feedburner. For instance, with Feedblitz you can subscribe via Skype, Twitter and Instant Messengers like Yahoo!, Microsoft Messenger and AOL Messenger.
5. Star Rating: Readers of Feedblitz email can rate the article within the email using the Stars at the end of each post with just a click. An article which is highly rated will generate interest in other readers.
6. Feed Domains: Feedblitz has introduced a new service called Feed Domains. Every Feed is assigned to a sub-domain and readers can subscribe by visiting that domain. Though this costs $9.99 per year, Professional Bloggers can use this service, since it gives a pro look to the subscription link. The domain will look like yourblog.feedblitz.com
7. Reader Tracking: Feedblitz, being a dedicated service, includes variety of tracking options. Publishers can get a detailed report of which readers visited their blog online and thereby track reader activity.
8. Newsflash Service: A Feedblitz publisher can send an email to all subscribers via the Newsflash Service. This means that all the readers will receive an email from the subscriber even without updating his blog. This can be used to send timely updates to the readers without publishing it on the blog.
9. Auto responder Service: A Feedblitz publisher can assign a group of emails which are to be sent to a new subscriber once he confirms his subscription. This means that new Subscribers will receive a bunch of emails automatically on confirming his email, in addition to the updates which arrive when the blog is updated. For example, this service can be used to send some must read’ articles to a new subscriber and he can start reading right away.
10. Publisher can see his Subscribers: With Feedblitz the publisher can see who all are subscribing to his feed. The publisher can also block a specific email address from receiving email. This can be used advantageously to block doubtful and unwanted subscribers.
A publisher would definitely want both email subscription and Feed Subscription via RSS to be available for his blog. So Feedburner cannot be missed out. But the coolest thing is that, Feedburner and Feedblitz can go hand in hand.
The email delivery section of Feedburner provides an option to collaborate with Feedblitz. Publishers will even the get the Feedblitz email subscription form (html code) directly from Feedburner. Also Feedburner can track the number of Feedblitz email subscribers and this count is included in the total Subscriber count. So by using the Feedblitz email service and Feedburner Feed Delivery Service, a publisher will get the best of two worlds. Good Luck!
This guest article is written by Arun Basil Lal from Million Clues!, a blog which deals with Technology, Blogging, Tips and Tricks, Photography, Reviews and related stuffs. Got some tips to share, you can also write a guest article on QOT.