How to Apply for Twitter Verified Account

How can you get a Twitter Verified Account? Twitter Verified Accounts are labeled by a Twitter verified logo and is seen on twitter profiles of well known celebrities, artists, athletes, actors, public officials, and public agencies.

Twitter Verified Account

A verified profile basically mean that Twitter staff have contacted the the person or entity the account is representing and verified that it is indeed who they claim they are. This will really help avoid impersonation or identity confusion where celebrities are involved, and avoid potential lawsuits.

blue verified badge

When they started the feature in 2009, the blue verified badge was not so easy to get. Note how some journalists got verified before John McCain!

verified twitter users

Get Twitter Blue Verified Badge

So how can you request Twitter to get verified account. Simply fill this get verified form. Note you need to be logged into Twitter account to do this.

Here are some best practices to follow before you submit your application.

• Confirmed Phone and email
  • Complete profile¬† with bio, profile photo, header photo, website. Of course with real name/brand details.
  • Public tweets without privacy mode.

twitter verified form

Individual accounts holders will need to provide copy of official government-issued photo ID. And be prepared to answer why you need a verified account. A good idea is to have a Twitter badge or logo on your official site linking back to your profile, which will help in easy verification. of course they verify a limited number of accounts and submitting a request does not guarantee account verification.

Application denied? Dont worry. You can submit same application again after 30 days. Dont spam. Have the relevant details handy.

False Use: If you are don’t have a verified account, but still add a verified blue badge in your profile pic or twitter background etc, they can ban your account. They suggest you use this form only if your account is being impersonated, but it does not imply verification.

70 comments on “How to Apply for Twitter Verified Account

1. Alex says:

how can i get it?

2. mbuotidem says:

how will i get an account with you online as fast as possible

3. shambria shaw says:

how can i get my page verifed??

4. Follow Me On Twitter says:

Oh!

I understand now, lol.

I guess my twitter account isn’t going to be verified, :(

5. Joseph says:

I just requested an account verification. I hope they’ll give it.

6. Vikas Rathi says:

Awesome post. I will definitely have a try to get verified. Thanks a lot.

7. Saaniya michael jackson (SMJ) says:

Hi, i’m saaniya michael jackson !!!!
    i’m a twitter user i want to verified my twitter ID cause i’m launch mu-self in june in the line of pop singing so i want to verified my twitter ID

R E G A U R D S
    SAANIYA MICHAEL JACKSON

8. Pavan Somu says:

Thanks for sharing. I have just now applied. Hope I will get verified

9. Dasaint09 says:

Hello my name is Theodore and I requesting that you verify my account. People don’t believe its me. This is why I desperately need your help. I appreciate your help regarding my situation. Thank you very much and take care. Theodore @Dasaint09. Ps I LOVE TWITTER! ;^)

10. chelsea says:

i need verified account because i keep getting asked if i am a realy belieber and jasminator and i need it to show people i am and not a fake

11. justine says:

hi! i’m justine. i like to verified my account coz many people ask me if i’m a true jasminator belieber or not. that’s why i like to verified my account to show them that i’m the true jasminator belieber in a whole world! thanks a lot! :) hope i will get verified

12. jay says:

I used to have a verified account.. but then i stopped using twitter for about 1 year.. and now i started to use it again.. i lost my badge…

twitter say they dont reconise me being verified? how do i re-verify my account @thewolfydragon

13. Phil Yeh says:

I’m verified. It hasn’t been too exciting.

14. Maayyahh says:

Please can I have an Verified Account. thanks in advance

15. Andreea Bardac says:

Hy. my name is Andreea ! i’m actress and singer!
    i want verified my account because everyone ask me if i’m the real Andreea Bardac. i really want to have a verified account because i want to show them that i’m real :)thanks in advance!!

16. itsmehemanth says:

hello my name is hemanth and my userid is itsmehemanth i want my account to be verified account beacause after becoming an celebrity everyone needs it but before that i need it and i am trying harder to become an movie director and i have that zeal in me..-:) so i ll be very much thankfull to the manangement of twitter if u people do so thanku

17. TommyRay says:

The page does not exist anymore. I suspect they have already changed the method for verifying accounts and automated it perhaps, who knows? At any rate, having your account verified is next to impossible for most people. I hit 2000 people that I follow and LIKE to follow, but cannot get above 940 followers. Geesh, what’s the deal? I can’t follow back anyone and have to sacrifice something/someone possibly important, to me at least. I would be forced to cut them down just follow a few more people. Maybe the gift thing is a good idea, hmmmm….

18. Dorrian says:

Twitter has removed the “Verify Request” page and is no longer working.
    Twitter staff keep viewing all users’ accounts and when they face a forgery case, they call up the real person asking him if it is him, and after finding out his real account, they verify it.
    Currently closed to the public.

19. Adam csatary says:

I am looking to get verified so I am not confused with other photography companies… I am starting to shoot very important people and I need people to know who I am and that it is me thanks

20. jaymit says:

i want my verified account on twiter because i am surfing since last 2 years….now i want to be verified