The new Google phone is here and its called Nexus One! Google calls its the “superphone” and labels it the convergence point for mobile technology, apps and the Internet and showcases the power of Android on mobile devices
The Google Nexus One is manufactured by HTC, and features dynamic noise suppression from Audience, Inc., a large 3.7″ OLED display and a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset for blazing speeds.
Nexus One Hardware Features and Tech Specs
- Display: 3.7″ AMOLED 480×800 WVGA display
- Thinness: 11.5mm; Weight: 130g
- Processor/Speed: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 3G QSD8250 chipset, delivering speeds up to 1GHz
- Camera: 5 megapixel auto focus with flash and geo tagging
- Onboard memory: 512MB Flash, 512MB RAM
- Expandable memory: 4GB removable SD Card (expandable to 32GB)
- Noise Suppression: Dynamic noise suppression from Audience, Inc.
- Ports: 3.5mm stereo headphone jack with four contacts for inline voice and remote control
- Battery: Removable 1400 mAh
- Personalized laser engraving: Up to 50 characters on the back of the phone
- Trackball: Tri-color notification LED, alerts when new emails, chats, text messages arrive
Nexus One new functionality and software enhancements
- Enter text without typing.
- Use a voice-enabled keyboard for all text fields: speak a text message, instant message, tweet, Facebook update, or complete an email.
- Tell your phone what you want it to do.
- Search Google, call contacts, or get driving directions by just speaking into your phone.
- Take personalization to the next level.
- Dynamic, interactive, live wallpapers react to the touch of a finger.
- More widgets and five home screen panels allow for further device customization.
- Capture camera-quality pictures and video with your device.
- 5 megapixel camera includes LED flash, auto focus, zoom, white balance and color effects.
- View pictures and Picasa Web Albums in the new 3D Gallery.
- Record Hi-Res MPEG4 video, and then upload to YouTube with one click.
- Read your voicemail messages.
- Get transcribed voicemail with Google Voice integration, without changing your number.
Check the new 3D media gallery and camera features
I particularly like the new voice input feature
The Nexus One runs on Android 2.1, a version of the platform’s Eclair software, which offers advanced applications and features including Google Maps Navigation, Email, and the Android Market with access to more than 18,000 applications.
You can buy Google Nexus One from the Google web store in the US without service for $529 or starting at $179 with a two-year contract from T-Mobile USA. See all pricing plans. Its coming to Verizon Wireless in the U.S. and Vodafone in Europe soon.
Get started with Nexus One