Citibank India is “migrating to a new technology platform” and has informed Citibank customers of nationwide affected credit card services disruption and advises them to plan their financial transactions in advance by 4th February.
So what Citibank credit card services are affected –
- Credit Card Purchases: Purchases remain unaffected.
- Citibank ATM Services – including cash withdrawals – not disrupted.
- Citibank Reward Points Redemption – Reward redemption requests placed from 4th February 2010 to 8th February 2010 will be processed on 9th February 2010. Vodafone Citibank Cardmembers talk point redemption service will not be available from 3rd February 2010 till 8th February 2010.
- New Credit Card Applications – There will be a delay of 10 days in processing new Card application forms received from 28th January 2010 till 9th February 2010.
- EMI Products – Balance transfer requests and EMI feature requests like Loan on Phone, received post 4th February 2010 will be processed after 8th February 2010.
- Credit Card Payments: Cheques deposited at Citibank drop boxes from 5th February 2010 will be credited on 9th February 2010. Cash deposits for Credit Cards at Citibank ATMs made post 5th February 2010 will be credited on 9th February 2010.
- Citibank Access: CitiPhone works but some services will be interrupted from 4th February 2010 to 8th February 2010. Critical services including blocking lost cards will continue.
- Citibank Bill Payments: One-time bill payments cannot be done from 4th February to 7th February 2010. Prepaid mobile recharges cannot be done from 4th February to 7th February 2010. However, Standing Instruction services on Bill Pay will remain unaffected and will be processed.
They advise Citibank customers to complete all critical transactions, bill payments and Card payments by 4th February 2010!
Read more tips about India