All Airtel broadband users got a free 2Mbps Upgrade to allow easy viewing of IPL Cricket matches on Youtube. Airtel is the official broadband sponsor of Cricket on Youtube and this news should allow all Airtel broadband users to view cricket matches online easily.
If you want a Live TV experience, slow internet connections like the 256kpbs (which are called broadband in India) can barely stream videos and load Youtube videoes quickly. 2Mbps internet speeds will allow seamless viewing and easy video streaming.
Here are some FAQ you need to know…
1. How to upgrade my broadband connection?
The 2 Mbps speed is an automatic upgrade for all Airtel broadband customers.
2. Will the 2Mbps work on all websites?
Here is the catch. The higher internet speed will only work on the IPL Youtube channel youtube.com/ipl
3. How long will my broadband connection stay upgraded?
Till the IPL lasts – from 12th March to 25th April.
4. I am on a higher broadband plan, will my speed change?
All others site customers will get their current plan speeds.
5. Will Youtube IPL streaming add to my internet data usage?
Streaming on youtube will be added to your data transfer limits in your broadband tariff plan. So if you have a limited data transfer plan, then watch out as the data will add up quickly and then you will need to pay on actual per MB download basis which can be huge.
6. I am not getting 2 Mbps bandwidth?
They say there is no guarantee and is dependent of traffic.
7. Why are other Youtube videos loading slowly as before?
2 Mbps upgrade is only for live cricket streaming on youtube.com/ipl page and not for other YouTube videos.