New Apple iPad Tablet Launched

By 27-01-2010   AppleGadgets

The Apple Tablet is here and its officially called the Apple iPad. Steve Jobs is demoing the new Apple iPad right now live and you can follow the Engadget live blog to get all the updates as they come through.

Apple iPad Tablet

“SO all of us use laptops and smartphones… the question has arisen; is there room for something in the middle. We’ve wondered for years as well — in order to create that category, they have to be far better at doing some key tasks… better than the laptop, better than the smartphone”

“What kind of tasks? Browsing the web. Doing email. Enjoying and sharing pics. Watching videos. Enjoying music. Playing games. Reading ebooks. If there’s gonna be a third category, it has to be better at these tasks — otherwise it has no reason for being.”

apple ipad

Powered with an amazing 10 hours of battery life, the Apple iPad has a full capacitive multitouch, and is available with 16-64GB flash storage. The Apple iPad is .5 inches thin, weighs 1.5 pounds and has a 9.7 inch IPS display with a built in iTunes store. More details are coming live on apple.com/ipad.

What is the iPad price? Starting at $499 for wi-fi model (16GB).

12 comments on “New Apple iPad Tablet Launched

1. Andy says:

It says nothing about having to sign up to the Istore – and provide your credit card details before you can use it.
    If Microsoft did this with windows 9 there would be war.

I was bad enough letting Apple get away with this for activating the Iphone.

We should not allow this to be the new default.

2. Jimmy Burnett says:

If the iPad sells at the right prices I might actually look into buying one of these. I’d pay $500 for a model that supports flash, silverlight and lets me watch Hulu!

3. DigRecent says:

I am looking to buy one iPad

4. Karthi says:

Very good outcome from APPLE….

5. ipad screen protector says:

I want one! Once you’ve mastered the touch keyboard and had exposure to a touch screen, plus the difference in weight compared to a conventional laptop, you won’t want to go back to the old technology.

How many people out there have a touch phone and how many, when they move onto a laptop or conventional mobile phone touch the screen without thinking and nothing happens. Its so natural to go in this direction! No moving parts to worry about and the Apple operating system as well! What more could you want?

6. Vaughn Angviano says:

I’m pleased I located this web site, I couldnt discover any info on this matter prior to. Also run a niche site and if you are ever interested in a little bit of visitor writing for me make sure you feel free to let me know, i’m always look for people to check out my blog site. Please stop by and leave a comment sometime!

7. Turkey Property says:

I will buy it i heard to many thinks on it lets try

8. Alanya says:

10 hours is very good for battery life

9. ipad speakers says:

I benefit reading it. I have need of to learn more on this subject.. Thanks for the sake letter this marvellous post..

10. recentcomputer says:

Apple has always better technology.really it is one of them.thanks