Facetime Video Calls: The One Reason to Buy iPhone 4 [VIDEO]

By Posted 2010 Updated   AppleGadgets

Why buy iPhone 4? The new iPhone 4 has an incredible feature video call feature called Facetime, that promises to change the way you talk, chat and use a mobile phone and makes sure you will never use another cellphone once you grab the iPhone 4.

Simply find your friend in iphone contacts, tap the FaceTime button, and instantly start a video call. If you are already talking with someone, tap the FaceTime button and instantly an invitation pops up on your friends iPhone 4 screen asking if they want to join a video call, one tap and thats all.

No special account, No screen names and did I tell you it works in both portrait and landscape modes. Did you know Facetime can work from iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 over Wi-Fi!

Facetime is made possible because iPhone 4 is loaded with  two built-in cameras, one on the front above the display and one on the back. The front camera focuses on your face at arm’s length and helps you get the right focus, brightness and light. So a simple tap, and the camera can easily switch between the front and back camera, so you can switch instantly from your face to what you are seeing in front. Amazing!

This video below highlights a lot of amazing ways you can use iPhone Facetime

Is this not be best feature of iPhone 4? What is you favorite iPhone feature?

29 comments on “Facetime Video Calls: The One Reason to Buy iPhone 4 [VIDEO]

1. Sourish | Iphone Blogger says:

I dont understand whats the big deal with facetime . It was available long time ago with 3G phones for making video calls .

2. Alex Posicionamiento Web says:

Most of the newest phones you can find in the market today have the feature of 3G video calling. I-phone also released their own version and I believe it is the best innovation they made this 2010. People would now have the urge in becoming an i-phone lover rather than a Nokia, Samsung or Ericsson lover. With the new i-phone, people now have the privilege of having a palmtop and a cellphone in one gadget. Wi-Fi features and other additional features combined with video calling is really great for any type of profession.

Thanks for sharing this information!

Alex

3. Abby says:

On one hand that is pretty cool. On the other hand, I would not want people to see me when I am on the phone.

• QuickOnlineTips says:

You can choose if you want to accept the invitation to turn on Facetime video chat, else the other person cannot see you.

4. Joshua says:

The Sprint Evo4g already has this and unlike the iphone, it works on any phone with the video chat plugin AND the evo4g works all the time with the cell network, unlike the iphone which only works on WiFi. At&ts network cant support video chat right now over the cell network connection…

5. U G G says:

we like that!

6. Kebi says:

are you sure?

7. Sandra ley de atraccion says:

what an amazing phone!! love it!

8. Aumentar Visitas says:

Your blog seems very interesting. This article is amazing. I will visit your blog often ..

9. Caroldi says:

That is one of the main features on iPhone but some countries like Canada didn’t activate it :( we cannot use it unless we Jailbreak the iPhone 4

10. Jeane Ropa ciclismo says:

I prefer to keep this function unactivated, as well as mi laptops’ web cam.
    I appreciate my vivacity very much.
    Anyway, I respect other points of view.

Regards!!

11. Karrie Darting says:

Great site you include here but i are having a problem subscribing for your RSS feed. Everytime i click it it comes up with error 953. It might be my own PC. Relating to Windows xp with AVG firewall. Im undecided if its Disabled. I want to know if anyone altogether different has mentioned any Problems or its just my family. Im not too great with PCs. I cant see this writing after submitting hence im not sure if notice this. Ill bookmark your internet site and check by in a short time for a response. Please let me know if you know of a way all around it – Any given program, when running, is obsolete. Attributed to Laws of Computer Programming

12. srvaliente - visitar madrid says:

The video call cell phones, has not tiendio success in Spain. Not if it was expensive, or because people are really busy in the street when he takes a mobile phone. And to buy something at home, because we already have skype or msn. So I think that the video call is uncomfortable. I have not tried the iPhone 4, I must say. But something tells me that the Spanish do not like to look in the face by telephone.

13. Juanjo | Smartphone apps says:

Great video quality, without doubt, but the upcoming iPhone 5 will be better.

14. venta de motos says:

The video is very good. I had recommended it to some of my friends.

15. alex barcos a venda says:

Great video quality, without doubt, but the upcoming iPhone 5 will be better.

16. Pablo | Posicionamiento Web says:

the only (and big) problem with my iPhone is the battery !!!!!!! never lasts more than three days, this should be the priority of improvements

17. Juan Vender Desde Casa says:

I know this post is very old, but I think Facetime looks great, it’s just a big limitation that it needs both users to be on wifi.

Regards,

Juan

18. Yotube says:

Amazing article! Yeah! :D
    Thanks!

19. peinados paso a paso says:

I love how the technology improves year after year, but now in spains walking in the streets with your phone just between 2 fingers, you will be robbed in non-time!

20. Ivon Paginas Web says:

I like the idea that both sides have camera and video of the call sounds great, and so I can see with whom I speak.

21. Fondant says:

What do you think about the yourtube video which is advertising iPhone 5, is it real or a fake?

22. Pisos en alcala de henares says:

You have a lot of phones to do video calling…

23. Venta de Pisos en alcala de henares says:

i hope iphone 5 it will be better than other phones like samsung galaxy s3

24. Experto Alexander mendoza says:

Um good in most phone now is the function of video calling and 3G technology which is now 4G, as people prefer not buy an iphone any android.

25. Chistes says:

I think because there are very few differences between apple and android.

26. Francisco | comida quema grasa says:

thanks-

27. Pedro Diaz Giraudo says:

The first inconvenient i see in the video-call its the shame. It’s a very strong force that limit the people.

28. Goliath says:

Because there are very less differences between iOS and Android