How to Find IMEI Number of Your Mobile Phone

IMEI number or International Mobile Equipment Identity number is a unique number associated with every GSM and UMTS mobile phone and can help you find your stolen cell phone easily. Save your IMEI number today.

Find IMEI number

imei numberTo find your mobile phone IMEI number, simply dial the sequence *#06# into the phone. The unique 15 digit IMEI code of your cell phone will be instantly displayed. Copy it and keep it in a safe place so that you can find it when you phone is misplaced or stolen. You can also find the IMEI number by checking the compliance plate under the battery.

Why is IMEI number useful?
If your mobile phone gets misplaced, lost, or stolen – you can inform the the network provider who can then put the serial number (the IMEI number for the phone) on a shared database. This list stops this particular phone from registering on any network and will be useless for anyone even if the mobile phone’s SIM card is changed!

This IMEI number is also useful to unlock mobile phones and get them working once they are found. So find and write down your IMEI number right now, with growing incidence of stolen or lost mobile phones, you never know when it might be useful!

And to get all the information right – try the IMEI Number Analysis – If you know the IMEI code of a mobile phone, you can now check all known information regarding manufacturer, model type, date and country of approval. Amazing!

NOTE: This article is for information purposes only. Please do not post personal details about your lost phone and IMEI numbers in comments as they will be deleted. You need to contact your mobile service provider for more details.

98 comments on “How to Find IMEI Number of Your Mobile Phone

1. Shahid says:

Dude IMEI number can only be used to block the phone so that the thief cannot use the phone anymore.Its not easy to track the cell phone and even if you are able to track down the phone its very unlikely the cops are going to help you get it back.Anyway in india the service providers dont have that option either so its of no use if you have the IMEI number….

2. manjarigaur says:

hi,i have lost my GSM samsung mobile & i dont know its IMEI no.what shold i do to get IMEI no.Is there any other way to find lost mobile.

3. nikhil desai says:

i have lost my nokia cell 6600 in banglore i have the IMEI number with me can i track my cell in any ways and get it back? i am from mumbai(THANE).please inform soon.

4. Tarun says:

I lost my Nokia N-72 on 29th
    this happened in my hostel(within the college campus premisis)
    this has been happening in my college for quite a long time
    I need a sure shot solution for it as that will help me figure out the culprits
    Please Help me with some sur shot solution
    I’m ready to do anythin to stop this in my college

5. k.praveen says:

hi,i have lost my nokia 6630 mobile & i dont know its IMEI no.what shold i do to get IMEI no.Is there any other way to find lost mobile.

6. k.praveen says:

7. Muhammad Usman says:

I lost my motorola L& mobile and want to block my mobile with the help of IMEI number. I have this number but dont know the procedures for blocking. Plz any one can help me.

8. Olawuyi Bashir says:

Please, how do we use IMEI to flash or unlock phones as a GSM Engineer?

9. saurabh m soni says:

i want to lose my mobile i have imei no and bill so can u tip me how can i block my mobile or can u support me for catch those pepole waht is the way please tell me how i know where is my mobile.

10. Manuj Khurana says:

I have lost my motorola handset, how to block such that the handset cannot be used by anyone

11. krish says:

Hi everyone there. Very soon there is going to be this service launch in India too. As the software used for this is huge you might need to pay a fee per annum for availing this facility. All major service providers are working on this.

12. vichu says:

hi some one stole my n73m in chennai i have got its imei number what should i do??

13. Gaurav Taneja says:

I have lost my Sony Erricson Mobile P990i, I do have the IMEI No. Please help me to locate it.

14. vijay says:

i have lost my mobile motorolo rokr E6…..
    how to find that or how to block that mobile
    pls revert me as soon as to my mail address
    and also send me that what all you need ……..
    pls……….

Thanks and Regards ,
    vijay.s

15. Abhi says:

hi,i have lost my GSM nokia 2626 mobile & i dont know its IMEI no.what shold i do to get IMEI no.Is there any other way to find or block lost mobile.

16. karan saxena says:

i have lost my nokia n-70 one guy from delhi snatch it from me and ran away. wat shud i do tell me.

17. Okuwa Joel says:

I have lost two mobile phones in two months. I want to block the phones. what should i do?

18. pink says:

i’d lost my cellphone,but idont my imei#of my phone.is there anyway to locate my phone?or know my imei# of my nokia3100 phone?plz email me..i’m very bother,for that’s very useful in contacting my family for i live far away from them.thank you so much.

19. pink says:

pls..pls ..email me as soon as you receive my message

20. vomel says:

Can anyone just post here if it is possible to track the lost phone by using only the IMEI? If there is, then post it.