Which Best WordPress plugins we recommend that also power up QOT? Here is a list of my favorite WordPress plugins that run Quick Online Tips WordPress blog.
- Rank Math SEO – the all in one SEO plugin which challenges other common SEO plugins like Yoast SEO and All in One SEO plugins. Combines the power of several SEO plugins together in a clean and clear easy to understand interface to manage your blog SEO. It helps to set up canonicals, titles, descriptions and nofollow/noindex large areas on the fly. It also removes the role of Google Sitemaps, a sitemaps generator we used to feed Google webmaster tools earlier.
- Redirection – Another very powerful plugin to create and manage all 301 redirects on your site. Get detailed logs of redirects and detect broken 404 URLs and easily fix them in a click.
- Broken Link Checker – this powerful plugin will help to find all broken links on your WordPress blog and fix them quickly. It will also bulk edit all these links to apply CSS to broken links and nofollow them as well to make them search engine happy.
Span Control Plugins
- Akismet – The powerhouse anti comment spam plugin which comes packed inside WordPress by default. Checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not. Needs an API key and connects with your WordPress.com account.
- Cookies for Comments – My choice to stop comments spam in their tracks. It works very well and possibly the only plugin you need to work with Akismet. See more comment spam blocking plugins.
Site Backup Plugins
- Vaultpress – silently works in the background and backs up our entire database, images, plugins, and themes daily. Helps to back up the site and restore the database safely if needed. There are many other WordPress backup tools available also. They charge us $3 per month but is worth money! Made by guys at WordPress itself. Previously we used WordPress Database Backup which provides on-demand backup of your WordPress database. Now we use Vaultpress and also back up database to Amazon S3.
Site Speed Plugins
- A2 Optimized WP – it is meant to work with our super fast A2 Hosting, where we proudly host this site. It works with a speacial optimized version of W3 Total Cache, another popular caching plugin. The superfast caching plugin which stores webpages as HTML and saves precious server PHP calls, allowing for a more stable and faster website. It leverages the power of our turbo web hosting package which we paid to get super fast site speed and uses Database and Object cache in memory instead of on disk. WP-Supercache is another plugin by the WordPress team with very fast cache module that you may like.
- YARRP – Also known as Yet Another Related Posts Plugin. It is the most popular plugin to generate related post links. It helps to increase site interactivity and pageviews. Has been around for a long time now. You can easily configure the custom php option to integrate in your theme the way you like.
- Post Admin Word Count – displays the word count of all posts. Useful for finding thin content on your site to counter Google Panda penalties.
- Advanced Ads – A cool plugin which allows you to take control of multiple ad units, ad rotation and group placements easily and without much code.
Previously Used Plugins You Might Like
- Evermore – Abbreviate all posts when viewed on multiple post pages. Helpful to create expandable posts summaries in WordPress. Combine with Less that Changes the (more) link so it displays the entire post, not just the part after the “more”.
- Batch Categories – Easily manage the mass categorization of posts that match various criteria. Power edit your categories.
- Subscribe To Comments – Allows readers to receive notifications of new comments that are posted to an entry. We continue to use the Feedburner email service as of now. Planning to use Amazon SES in the future.
- Random Redirect – allows you to create a link to a random post on your blog, in a StumbleUpon-like fashion.
- WP-PageNavi – Adds more advanced page navigation to WordPress. Better navigation options on index and category pages.