Yahoo’s most popular bookmark sharing service Del.icio.us launched in a new avatar today as Delicious, without the dots in the url. Yes, the site has moved to a new url at delicious.com and sports a brand new design more compatible with current design standards.
So whats new in Delicious… here is some cool stuff…
- The new infrastructure makes every page load faster.
- Site organized into three main sections: Bookmarks, People and Tags.
- A new search engine – faster, more powerful, smarter, and more social
- The new user interface improves usability
- Selectable detail levels and alphabetical sorting of bookmarks
- New Tag Bar to navigate bookmarks by tags and tag combinations.
- Action box provides commonly used actions for the current page.
Why switch to delicious.com? del.icio.us was a complex domain name to type and most people were typing delicious anyway. Now it will be easier for people to find the site and share it with their friends.
So why do you have to login again? the domain change requires a new login cookie.
You can keep tracking the updated collection of Absolutely delicious tools developed by the delicious community.