Free Google Profile Business Cards

By Posted 2009 Updated   Google

Need free business cards featuring your Google Profile? Google has partnered with iPrint.com and they are giving away 10000 sets of 25 Google profile business cards totally free to show off your profile.

Matt McGee says that people logged into their Google accounts can visit their profile and see the offer. However, I logged into my Google profile, but saw no offer. Moreover, the url which he posted turned 404. Firstly I thought that was because the offer is available in US only. But I realized my profile was not public as yet. So first create and update your Google Profile, and see how to represent yourself on Google products to other Google users.

full name in profile

So I set up my public profile here
display name

and then created a short display url.
pchere profile

And behold! On top of my profile was the offer

google cards

That link points to http://www.google.com/profiles/me/bizcards

And that page displays a sample business card like this

google card

Each person can get 25 free business cards like this, with the Google home page, with your name in the search box and your Google Profile URL below in green. But remember this offer is available to U.S. continental street addresses only, so though my profile displayed the offer, I cannot use it.

Anyway for US people – after that you need to create a free iPrint.com account and confirm the information on the sample business card, fill in your shipping and email information and your personal Google profile business cards should come in 10-12 days!

Update: I checked what some people noticed – if you add the trailing slash at the end of the url, it leads to 404 Profile Not Found (only after logging into your Google Account)

Use http://www.google.com/profiles/me/bizcards
and NOT http://www.google.com/profiles/me/bizcards/

11 comments on “Free Google Profile Business Cards

1. Jon says:

How do you make your profile public? I keep getting the 404 too, and I can’t figure out why.

2. Eric says:

Not working for me…

3. Isaac says:

You have to click the “Don’t show this message” button or something, then the offer will pop up.

4. QuickOnlineTips says:

To get the offer, your google profile must be created, be publicly accessible on a short url like

5. QuickOnlineTips says:

I have added more screenshots on how to make your profile public

6. Atselby says:

Not working. I get this.

Invalid Offer
    We’re sorry but there is an issue with the path you are using to access this offer, please return to the original service in which you started this process and try again.

7. Printclick says:

Worked for me. Thanks for sharing!

8. Scott says:

“(T)hough my profile displayed the offer, I cannot use it.”

Actually you can…I live in Hawaii and just got my free cards today. Just type in your true address except for the state (choose a random state). USPS sorts mail by Zip code and Google’s form apparently does not check the the Zip code and state match.

It was rather mad at Google to try to restrict this to continental US anyway. People in Alaska and Hawaii pay the same taxes and the US Mail charges the same to deliver a letter to Des Moines or Juneau.

9. Udi Drezner says:

Nice marketing idea by Google
    However you have to remember that a Google profile is just 1 result of your ‘Google CV’ – Google 1st search results page for your name search.
    If you want another positive result that promotes you & your brand on Google you should also create a profile on LookupPage which aims at getting your profile on search engines when someone searches your name – even if it’s a popular name. Check it out if you like :-)

10. Chuck says:

A great little tip! Thank you for sharing this.

I think I’ll start another Google account with the letters “CEO” before my real name so my Google business card will read “CEO Chuck Rosseel” under the Google logo.

This should go over well at my college reunion coming up this summer.

11. Sam Orton says:

I like the concept.. Thats something different