Now <50% People Use Internet Explorer

By 05-10-2010   Google

For the first time, the browser share for Microsoft Internet Explorer has fallen below 50%, largely due to the rise and rise of Google Chrome browser which continues to gain popularity every day, attracting millions of users.

Internet explorer fall

StatCounter Global Stats reveal that Microsoft IE fell to 49.87% in September followed by Firefox with 31.5%. Google’s Chrome continues to increase market share at an impressive rate and has more than tripled from 3.69% in September 2009 to 11.54% in September this year.

We use Google Chrome. Which browser do you use?

6 comments on “Now <50% People Use Internet Explorer

1. Mr.G says:

I was FF fun until I found out how fast Chrome loads at start up. That was enouogh forme to switch.

The fox is becoming an elephant with time.

2. Rishi says:

Whatever decrease in usage IE has experienced but still it is the most used browser in the world. And with success keywords for Internet Explorer 9, things look positive for the browser.

3. James says:

For browsing I use Chrome – fast and light browser today. but for design I still use Firefox – a lot of add-on.

4. QuickOnlineTips says:

I am still not ready to uninstall IE, because still many websites with banks, credit card payments, funny complex scripts are IE only.

5. Gino says:

If Internet explorer could disapear, i just boycot IE and now do my website in function of CSS3 and HTML5. as a develloper designer, i alway hate to work with IE, i’m doing a website right now with css rounded corner ect, and i already got problem with IE with some Jquery function arggghhh, i hate IE.

6. Julian says:

if Window hadn’t include the IE on their installation, i bet nobody use it :-)