Looking for Digg tools, hacks and services for a powerful Digg experience? Digg is a technology news website that combines social bookmarking, blogging, RSS, and non-hierarchical editorial control. With digg, users submit stories for review, but rather than allow an editor to decide which stories go on the homepage, the users do and thereafter Digg can act as an online traffic generator for your link. Read more about the Digg Story.
Photo by Steve0f
Diggnation is a podcast hosted by Kevin Rose and Alex Albrecht that serves as a week-in-review of the most popular stories on the website Digg.com. Getting a link promoted on Digg can increase site traffic quickly. I am a regular visitor to Digg, and this is an attempt to combine all Digg tools in one place.
Most of these tools are now closed and we have still maintained a list here for archival purposes.
Official Digg Tools
- Digg Toolbar – Displays Digg counts & comments as you browse around the web. You can also Digg and submit stories directly from the toolbar
- Digg Spy v2 – autorefreshing real time view of Digg now with spying all stories, front page stories and queued stories.
- Digg Q – Unpromoted digg stories. Similar to DiggSpy.
- Digg the Blog – “a means to detail all digg-related news, events, upgrades, feature additions, and much more.”
- Digg Search – advanced search for Digg stories.
- Google IG Module – View recent stories from Digg on your personalized Google homepage.
Third Party Digg Tools
- DiggSuggest – a web-app that suggests new Digg-stories for you based on your previous interests.
- Rigglations – is a Yahoo! widget that shows the relationships between members of Digg.
- Diggthis – this Drupal module adds a Digg this button to your nodes.
- Digg IRC Bot – reports newly listed front page stories into IRC.
- PHPDugg – Allows you to run a site on a similar system to digg.com
- Diggitizer – analyzes the most successful Digg titles and combines this knowledge with your keywords to create the fool-proof title to drive your entry to the very top of digg.
- Digg Anywhere – another mobile optimized digg feed.
- Diggless RSS Feed – a special feed that provides a direct link to the website, bypassing Digg.
- DiggThumbs – firefox extension adds website screenshot thumbnails to the listings on digg.com
- Jedi Digg – a toolbar docked at the top of your screen which displays the digg front page stories in rotation. You can directly digg the story from this toolbar.
- DiggThumbs – a Firefox plugin that adds website screenshot thumbnails to each and every digg listing.
- DuggMirror – automatically caches the URL of each story submitted to Digg. If a site goes down because of a server overload or for exceeding its bandwidth, you can use the Dugg link to access it.
- Diggview – offers an overview of all current popular headlines in the different categories of Digg.
- DiggGraph – AJAX application to have a “bird’s eye” look on the digg queue stories and see rapidly which stories are getting up to the front page
- Digg Dashboard Widget – gets the latest headlines from digg.com every 15 minutes and displays them in a pleasant interface. Compliant with Digg verson 3
- Digg SMS – Get the top 5 front page stories sent to your cell phone every few hours
- Digg Notifer – notifies you the moment a new story appears on the front page of Digg.com website.
- Diggaz With Attitude – DWA is a program that displays the latest Digg and Google News articles in your taskbar.
- DiggDesk – Read your favorite digg and reddit stories and watch youtube videos right on your desktop.
- Digg Search Widget – Search all of Digg’s archives.
- DiggUpdate – gives you quick access to the front page stories of Digg in your Mac OS X menu-bar.
- Digg vs Dot – highlights the act of crossposting articles among digg.com and Slashdot.org.
- PocketDigg – real time headlines from Digg formatted for mobile devices.
- Digg Search Plugin – plug-in for firefox that lets you search digg for stories.
- Upcomming.org Digg Group – a collaborative event calendar for Digg users.
- Digg Digger – useful Konfabulator widget grabs all the new stories submitted to digg area queue.
- Digg Add Mirrors – Greasemonkey script adds mirrors to Digg.
- Digg Newstracker for Winbar. Just download and rename the extention to .trk and place in newstrackers in your winbar folder.
- Digg Top Stories – Google Desktop Sidebar plugin which displays the ten most recent stories from Digg.com.
- Digg News Widget – gets news via various RSS feeds from digg.com.
- Digg at Cafepress – Tshirts, cups, bags!
- Diggnation – collection of the diggnation episodes.
- Diggnation Digging Game – for Diggnation fans looking to add more fun the podcast.
Suggest a Digg tool which deserves to be on this list…