How can you disable or remove WordPress Admin bar? WordPress 3.1 has launched this obtrusive WordPress Admin Bar to help WordPress bloggers easily access common blogging tasks via an easy drop down menu.
WordPress Admin Bar
This is how it looks like when live on our site. I browsed around many WordPress menus, but could eventually find a way to disable the WordPress admin bar.
Disable / Remove WordPress Admin Bar
I found the options are built in. Go to Users > Your Profile > Show Admin Bar
But I realized that this simply disables the admin bar in the users WordPress theme and many WordPress plugins have come up modify, minimize, relocate or disable the WordPress admin bar.
- Disable Wp Admin Bar Removal – Completely disables Frontend and Backend Menu that now appears on the WordPress 3.1 based blogs, plus helps to remove code and get more free memory.
- Global Hide Admin ToolBar – Easily add a global option to hide/remove the new Admin bar in WP 3.1+. Adds an option to the Settings Menu to globally turn off the Admin Bar and/or turn off the user option in the profile to show admin bar.
- WP Custom Admin Bar – Added control of your Admin Bar. Disable it, show it to certian user levels and modify the styling. This gives you options to change who sees the Admin Bar based on their user role, change or override the default styling and remove the Admin Bar altogether.
- Admin Bar Disabler – Disable the WP Admin Bar in 3.1+ entirely, or only for roles and capabilities which aren’t in the ‘whitelist’ or ‘blacklist’. This plugin supports both Per-Site and Per-Network (WordPress Multisite) settings, so you can fine tune your options based on your needs.
- Hide Admin Bar Search – Small plugin to hide the search box in the admin bar in both dashboard and site views.
Minimize WordPress Admin Bar
Admin Bar Minimiser – an easy way to minimise the new WordPress 3.1 admin bar at the click of a button! The Plugin works by allowing you to minimise the admin bar from view via a single click! And you can bring it back just as easily. This also works for the admin bar displayed on the WordPress back end too.
Relocate WordPress Admin Bar
Stick Admin Bar To Bottom – Annoyed by the new Admin Bar that is covering the top 28 pixels of your website, but you don’t want it completely gone? This plugin sticks the Admin Bar to the bottom of your screen!