Play Monopoly City Streets Game Online on Google Maps

By Posted 2009 Updated   Google

I am having a great time playing Monopoly City Streets live on Google Maps for the past few days. It a superb new version of Monopoly that takes the player right to his own city and lets them buy and trade real streets on Google maps in real time.

I kept looking around for a registration link for quite some time, but only after you decide to buy a  street, does the register user link jump out. So I suggest the best way to get started is to go ahead and decide to buy a street.

Play Monopoly City Streets

monopoly city streets

I started with M3,000,000 Monopoly Dollars by default and that is not a lot of money if you see the high price of real estate you intend to buy, and if it has a few houses or bonus buildings, then its never enough.

Loaded with my money in millions, I headed straight to New Delhi, and was greeted with lots of blue streets, which were already owned by other players. I could not find any Purple streets, which are owned by the bank, and easier and cheaper to buy as all these streets were already bought. The only option was to buy streets from other players, but the rates were really high.

buy-propertyI tried to buy streets from many professional players, but the selling rates were high and most offers were rejected. I am still trying to bag a deal and own my favorite streets if possible. Then I realized that I could buy a street any where in the world! I could buy streets in London, New York, Singapore, anywhere… and in fact in many of these places it is cheaper to buy streets. Another cool thing is that if players do not respond to your buy request in 1 week (or they dont login!), you win over that street at the buy price!

The rent from these streets and property can help you earn lots of rent income easily.  The more rent you receive, the more streets you can buy and the bigger your property empire becomes. A great thing is that you earn rent from your properties every day, even if you don’t play. Buy properties in a bunch of streets together and  in populated areas and see boost your rental income.

It also seems the more I play, the better luck I have of getting a Chance card, which can change my fortunes and help me sabotage my friends streets. A Hazard Chance card lets you construct buildings such as Power Plants, Prisons and Sewage Works, which totally destroy the rental value of the property. A Bulldozer Chance card enables you to demolish any Hazard that may have been placed on a street you own. A Bonus Building Chance card protects your top earning streets to make sure your friends can’t place any Hazard buildings there and sabotage your rent.

You can even mark your friend and family and play with them to own your entire neighborhood. There are 6 status levels that you can rise to and then keep unlocking bigger and better buildings to construct, till the huge MONOPOLY Tower skyscraper.

I am still getting started with the game. If you have mastered the game, share your favorite tips in the comments.

Update: They are going to reset and restart the game soon, as cheating is rampant.

22 comments on “Play Monopoly City Streets Game Online on Google Maps

1. Blaberize says:

Wow! I just spend 4 hours on it. This game is addicting. I’m a big fan/player of monopoly since childhood. Thanks for posting =)

• QuickOnlineTips says:

The game is very addicting. I am also hooked. There goes my weekend.

• Carter Cole says:

here are a bunch of useful tools to play the game a way to embed your profile as a badge and some management tools im developing http://alpha.cartercole.com/2009/11/tricks-and-tips-for-monopoly-city.html

2. Harjeev says:

I really liked your review!!!
    I really like the game but am simply not able to buy anything!!! I do not see any purple streets you mentioned!
    Pl Help

3. player says:

if sth has been sabotaged, do you know how to build it back again?

• Boardgamegeek says:

if you are referring to a bonus building that has been demolished, you have to get another bonus card. If a regular building is demolished you just have to buy a new building.

4. Boardgamegeek says:

Yeah, this is a great idea for a game. Too bad it got off to a bumpy start but it seems to be working very well now!

5. Ukfatboy says:

Totally addicted.

be aware the game is going to be reset sometime this week so that its a fair start for everybody and some of the alleged cheating may be fixed.

I’ve set up my first ever site with a forum and blog so that people can share there experience on the game.

Can be found at www.wincitystreets.com

6. Travis T says:

Yeah this game seems pretty fun. I’ve been playing for about 4-5 days now. It’s nice cuz after yuo spend all your beginning money, you really just have to check in once a day and build a few more buildings.

Strategies:
    1. I’ve found that grabbing as many streets as possible in the beginning is better because it leaves you more room to build on later.

2. Also, I think building more smaller buildings rather than 1 large building is usually safer. People like to sabotage the huge, expensive buildings they see.

As an aside, this game is actually similar to a mobile game that I’ve been playing on my iPhone for a few months now. It’s called Parallel Kingdom and you play on a Google Map and claim territory. It’s more of an RPG though and it is actually way more addicting. Check it out and if you’re in Madison, WI look me up!

7. citystreets says:

I saw another blog with tips on Monopoly City Streets:

Only a couple of posts so far (looks like the site was created during the reset?) but some interesting info I didn’t realize myself when playing this past week. Definitely will change what I do when they open the game up again!

8. Veton says:

play this game

9. 2012 HD says:

10. Me says:

I don’t know how to demolish Hazard Buildings, the only options I have are “Find Opponents” and “Discard” but I can’t find a way to destroy the Hazard on one of my streets

• sirbaralot says:

Took me a while to find out … but click on the red cross next to the building/hazard that you wish to demolish.

11. Monopoly City Review says:

I wish i had more time to spend on the computer messing around with this but unfortunately I don’t. Leave it to google to get involved with something like this.

12. Nathan says:

how do i get this game?

13. Greate post says:

Hi,
    I found your blog on google and read a few of your other posts. I just added you to my Google News Reader. Keep up the good work. Look forward to reading more from you in the future.
    Regards,
    Jane

14. astyle says:

such a bad mind and time wasting game

15. zemi says: