How to Fix Farmville Out of Sync Errors

By Posted 2010 Updated   FacebookGamingSocial MediaTutorials

How can you fix Farmville “Out of Sync” errors which force you to refresh and lose unsaved Farmville game data which in turn makes you redo all the moves again. Farmville is one of the most popular games on Facebook and we are also Farmville addicts bugged by the Out of Sync errors often.

farmville-out-of-sync

Farmville “Out of Sync”

Here are some common causes which ‘may’ cause these Out of Sync errors and here are some ‘possible ways’ to fix and avoid these “Out of Sync” Errors.

1. Dont Open Farmville in Multiple Tabs / Windows – As the game progresses, we tend to open multiple Farmville in multiple tabs and windows which causes the game to get out of sync in one of these tabs if it fails to refresh and keep track with changes in the other tab. So keep only one window or tab open and this will be avoided. This is more prone to occur with Farmville players with extra large farms with hundreds of animals, trees and crops which requires more syncing by the Farmville servers. You can also play on Farmville.com and not necessarily on the Farmville Facebook app, so keep either one of them open only.

2. Use fast broadband internet connection –  Farmville involves lot of data transfer, and if your connection keeps dropping packets, is slow and unable to sync fast enough with their servers as you hurriedly plant crops, you will get the out of sync errors. Try to fix your DNS to Google public DNS or Open DNS for better results.

3. Clear browser cache – Sometimes your inefficient browser cache can confuse Farmville with an outdated cache copy and cause out of sync errors. If refreshing / reloading Farmville does not work, delete your cache, restart your browser and you should be fine.

4. Update your Flash Player – Many times your browser flash player is outdated and unable to cope with the Farmville server refreshes and its latest version. You can visit the Adobe site, and download latest Flash player for your browser and enjoy Farmville.

5. Farmville is Beta – have you noticed the big “beta”  beside the Farmville logo, well it is meant to signify that Farmville acknowledges that there still might be bugs and they are considering feedback of users to improve the game.

These are some common causes we believe may be causing the Out of Sync errors, they may or may not work for you but definitely worth a try.

91 comments on “How to Fix Farmville Out of Sync Errors

1. sudharsan @ technoskillonline says:

mmm
    All re talking about Farmville but i have’nt used yet..

• Karen O'Brien says:

Iam trying to get into farmville and Ithink it was blocked by accident,and would really like it if I can get back into it.Can you help me.My husband even tried,and he has my photo on all the other stuff for invite but not on farmville.want to get back into it.I am stuck can you help??? Thank you.

• lisa says:

go to facebook home page then go to account then go to privacy settings , then go to applications and website,then go to blocked applications and then unblock farmville. sounds alot but its very easy. : ))

2. Melinda says:

why doesn’t the delete button work?

3. nadz bernal says:

hello. i am having a problem with my farmville…it is always out of sync…but whenever my son plays his farmville, he could access without any problem, using the same computer and internet connection. please help me. can you repair or do something about my farmville account rightaway?? i do hope so… thanks.

• lhenn says:

were the same problem how can i fix my farmville too…grrrr….

• Kelly says:

Hi Just wanted you to know your not alone on Feb. 14 my farm went crazy and is out of sync,sometimes I can get in and plow a few things like my roses that wilted and the pop always comes up, my husband is able to get onto his farm using the same computer and to even visit my farm, but when I try its always the same thing. wouldn’t you know I find something I like to do and enjoy it now its all messed up. I can’t get to my gifts or do anything , have done all the quick fixes that the zynga site told me to do and nothing could someone please help since I know the problem is on your end. Thank you

• Rose says:

same thing here Zynga sent me goodsync and said it had detailed info to fix the problem ….boy was that a joke. I have had several people who actually know a thing or two about computers try to make the goodsync program work with no luck if you find something please let me know.

• judy tabor says:

On the day the stables came out, I saw that I had the option to send a carnival float to my friends using 20,000 coin. Normally, you can only use the “send” feature by using farmville $. I thought, “this is really neat” so I decided to send my granddaughter and another young boy who both love Farmville the floats. Their farms went out of sync immediately and neither of them have been able to stay on their farms for more than about 30 seconds because it goes out of sync. I have sent a jillion emails to Zynga support explaining in detail that I believe the option to send the float using coin was a glitch and caused their farms to go out of sync. When my sister asked me how I was able to do it, I went back to my farm and the option to use coin to send the gift was no longer available to me in the market. I know the option was available on more farms than mine because Farmville Freak published the page showing the option to use coin to send a few of the items in the market. Unfortunately, on the same day, I had also put 99 Farmville $ in my granddaughter’s account and also sent her the pink pony using Farmville $. She hasn’t been able to enjoy any of it.

• Rose says:

Have all of you complained to zynga? I have they need to know.

• Michelle says:

I have been looking all over the place on behalf of my mother for the answer to the “Out of Sync” mystery. She has not been able to log into her farm for about two weeks now. I have been looking for answers for her and I have even logged in under her name to see if the problem is with her internet/computer/whatever. I live in another city with a different make of computer and a different internet provider so I can safely say it is not computer/internet. I also play Farmville and I log in and play with no problem so it is specific to her account. I have told her that she is not alone and I told her about the 877 pages of complaints in the forums for Farmville but she still is so disappointed.

• Karen O'Brien says:

was accidently blocked.would like to get back in hope someone can help me,tried everything.

• 2010 Costume says:

Karen, someone responded above telling you how to do it. Basically, you access your privacy options and allow Farmville back. Hope this helps and you’re off farming soon…

4. Scott Allison says:

For the past few days I have been getting “Out of Sync” errors when ever I go into farmville on Facebook. My wife was able to do this on her account. Every time I go into farmville it gives me this error so I have not been able to do anything. I did a few times but what I did was erased because this dialog came up and when the page was refreshed everything was lost and reset to how it was. I am not sure what to do about my account.

• zejna says:

Same problem.Any solution ?

TNX

• pierre says:

i tried what they are saying. still dont work.. oufffffff…

• Sandra Pacaccio says:

I tried also, but it still doesn’t work. This is the third day of no Farmville and they want to know why my crops are withering? No surprise.

• Ilan says:

Same think, tried EVERY EVERYTHING including 3 other computers, all other games are fine Just my farm is out of syncccccc

PLEASE HELP US SAVE THE FARM

• Matheus Filipe says:

I have the same problem!
          Any solution???

5. Beepers says:

same problem here. i’m seriously distressed! i want my farm back!

• nana says:

same problem here, it is very disappointing to know that your farm is not being care for, and you are losing all you crops that you bought with coins that takes a while to collect. i cannot get into my farm either. sad!

6. urfan says:

hi, exactly the same issue my son can play it but i cant i think its to do with me have so many things and being on a higher level then him but my account is like frozen and my PLANTS HAVE WITHERED!!!! ;( so lost xp and money and time as i was having a XP battle with my friends!!!! ;(

i have tried all the above things but it still does not work please reslove this issue asap!!!!!

Not a happy farmer !!!!

• jan says:

I thought I was the only one, havent been able to load up for three days now…seriously going through withdrawl

7. kiran says:

its really depressing when i cant play farmville .since three day i am not ale to play all my plants are gone

8. maria christina cantiga says:

hi, i have same problem with them , i can’t reload my farm in 4 day please help us to save our farm, i’m really upset

9. sandra says:

its been 3 days for me since the sync message, I can access my other account fine , I also read to delete some of neighbors to see if that helps, but to no avail!
    I want my farm back , im level 63 , was in compitetion with my friends , now they are way ahead of me. Im so angry at this game right now!!

10. ViHoang says:

I also cant play farmvile 3 day aready , please help us.

11. Deborah says:

Same problem,cannot get on ,it keeps saying that I am out of sync.I have been off for 4 days,tried everything that they have said to no avail.I have lost all of my crop,lost coins,no xps.Will I ever be able to plat the game.I have tried different computers,so it must be my farm.

12. Kelly says:

Well six days and counting here has anyone else had any luck coming up with a fix for this, I miss my unwind time after work with my farm its silly I know but it really does help me relax and its fun to do, I hate not being able to do it and to watch my stuff wither away. Last night I was so excited thought it was good to go I cleaned up all my stuff and went to my gift box..taa daa there came the dreaded sync pop up and all the stuff I spent thrirty minutes cleaning up was back…….grrrrrrr anyone got the magic bullet??

13. kim a says:

I am at 6 days and counting with the same out of sync message Emailed them after day 2 and 3 times since. They just keep saying it is a “BETA” program and they are working on it. I just do not understand why others can get on and play on their account on the same computer???? This is so frustrating. I give up!

14. Sharla says:

I feel a little better knowing it is just not me! Everyone I know can play but I can’t. I have done all the remedies. I have updated and all the other stuff. I can’t even play from farmville.com. It will let me click on a few things that pop up in the beginning and then it goes to out of sync. I have sent emails and have received nothing back. So…I am just curious why it is certain farms and not all of them. It is 6 days now for me too.
    I give up too!

• rose says:

its been real bad the past few days.i was in hopes it would get better but it just gets worse.i can never visit one of my friends farms cause after four tries i give up.non responsive ,page has crashed send report reload page,continue,stop plug.its all very madning.then i bought four baby chics took my coins but never got my chics.i like the game but,i,m to the point of just letting it go as its getting to stressful.it takes 4 hrs to do what one should be able to do in 30 min.just wish if they want people to play it they would fix it.good luck to ya all.

15. yve says:

I am having the exact problem as describe and I have not been able to get in for the past 6 days also. I tried all fix and nothing worked. My husband can play his with no problem. I started having the out of sync errors after expending to 24×24. I was competing with my sister for XP not she is winning by a land slide. I am on 37 and my husband is on level 25. I just don’t get. The one game that I enjoy and I can’t access at all. I hope you find a fix soon for us users that can no longer access out farms.

16. nilda says:

pls. help me how can i fix my farmville,,,why am i getting out of Sync?

17. Rose says:

I have been out of sync for 5 days .I have contacted Zynga and they sent me goodsync download ( you can find it on line) they told me it should fix my problem but I am unable to figure out how to use it. If someone trys this and can make it work please let me know . Thank you .

18. dina says:

I have the same problem more than a week now. Can’t get into my farm. Somebody could help us?

19. chris says:

I am having the same problem. It is going on 6 days for me. I cannot stand it anymore. My crops have all died, and I cannot finish my horse barn. I was so close too. I have tried everything, and nothing works. I want to scream everytime I see that out of sync message. I didn’t realize so many other people were having the same problem. I am afraid it will never get fixed. I am very very very upset at this. I miss my farm.

20. erika d. reolalas says:

i desperately want to play with my farm!!! please help me fix the out of sync thing!!!!Grrrrr!!!@#*&^@!!

21. Shannon says:

maybe it’s a conspiracy to purchase the withering spray? hmmm….

• Elise says:

That would be an idea but we can’t even get on our farms to purchase the crap if we wanted to! LOL!

22. peggy says:

same problem here its been a week now and all three of my kids can get on there farms but not me im so frustrated i have tryed everything all my stuff has long since ruined!!!

23. Theresa says:

I am sooooo glad that I am not the only one with this issue. It has been 11 days since I have been able to play farmville. I have emailed support and tried every fix they have suggested to no avail. If anyone knows of a fix that works it would be greatly appreciated. I can play other Zynga applications without any issues. Farmville.com doesn’t work, using different browser or different computer. I really miss my farm!!!!

24. kim a says:

I totally give up! I am still not in after about 2 weeks. On msn games they had a banner up saying play farmville. I think maybe that this problem should be fixed before they recruit MORE players. I am so disappointed at this point. Why would it be so hard to give us an update on what is going on?

25. Elise says:

I’m in the same boat as all of you. I e-mail support and keep getting the SAME GENERIC responses from Steven M., Katy C., Claudia D., Karl D., Vincent A. etc. Are there any REAL people working on this issue?? I have friends who have much bigger and busier farms than mine! This is nuts. I am beginning to think this a conspiracy for us to “buy” Farmville cash etc.

26. Leeanne says:

I haven’t been able to get into my farm for over a month now, and its really p******* me off, I’m stuck at home waiting for surgery, so have been using the games to keep me occupied. I’ve tried all the fixes and tried googling farmville.com which my neighbour told me about and she’s been zipping in and out all day. (like me she has had the same problems) but that hasn’t worked for me, the game just won’t load….

27. MARJORIE CRITSER says:

I love the game have been playing for months, but the loading and gifts problems are on going I am about to quit and find something that works proprely. I hate doing this but I have no other choice. I use fv coins ,not alot ,but enough that if everyone does would add up to quite abit of money to f.v. so I guess what I want is f.v. to know is fix it or get out of the game.

28. Elise says:

Well, I have my farm back, still loads a little slowly but now all my gifts are getting lost! Sigh…..

29. anand says:

i have been getting out of sync and saving your farm errors since i expanded to 24×24 and mainly in last 10 days. i am completely lost since i spend so much valuable time trying to do the same thing again and again..i keep losing gifts even after i have accepted them….
    and what all i have tried
    – cleaned up the cache
    – removed one unknown farmville application from the application settings of my facebook

30. Patty says:

I can’t see my neighbors or harvest their crop. I only have one neighbor and she was the one who asked me to join farmville. I have requested other friends to be neighbors and can see their level, etc. but can not see their name or log onto their farm. They have been able to access mine though. It’s driving me crazy….

31. Sasha says:

My friend sends me gifts using Farmville.com, but when I accept the gift (through Facebook), it does not go into my gift box. What’s up?

32. sawsan says:

i cant open my farm ((2 weeks help plzzz

33. darren m says:

hiya i tried the cheat hack , and well it worked for about 4 secs then that sync error crap popped up… very irritating

34. dave says:

I don’t get the sync problem but on my iPhone using the Farmer’s Hero app to automatically collect my bonuses I can’t be logged into both Farmville and the app at the same time. Other than that, the app is terrific.

35. sabradees says:

mine will never load it says movie not loaded and has ablack screen I have newest active X and flashplayer please help ?

36. sabradees says:

I read on another site that flashplayer 10 needs a fast connection so I am on dial up and going back to 9.0 maybe that will fix for ya’ll too

37. al cornett says:

i have almost all of the problems as do the people before me. I lose gifts, get the sync message A LOT,can not log onto my farm,and can’t get on other farms to help and get gifts, plus others, hope ya get it fixed soon, and would be nice to keep us updated

38. lu says:

Whenever I go to play farmville and I click on it I get the main screen where it has the pic and the yellow line moves halfway across beta and stops. Everything stops. Sometimes the game will pop up othertimes it can sit there for 6 hours.

Any ideas

• rachel says:

Ive got the same problem.I GO TO PLAY FARMVILLE and i click on it too, i get the main screen where it has the farmville pic, nd the yellow lines move across beta,and than stops, it wont go any further than that, so i cant play the game, any suggestions PLEASE!!! I miss farmville my dog is HUNGRY….!

39. maureen hards says:

my neighbours have not loaded for a whole week so i cannot get extra gas or find things PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

40. debbie says:

ON MY FARM I CAN LOAD HALF WAY 0N THE YELLOW BAR AT THE BOTTOM THEN I LEAVE IT ALONG FOR AN HR STILL WONT LOAD AN MY HUSBAND CAN GET ON HIS FARM IT WILL LOAD RIGHT UP IF U KNOW ANYTHING LET ME KNOW

41. Sharon Mumme says:

Please help me get onto my farm in farmville.

42. Charmaine Tourigny says:

I have been trying since last night to get into my farm and can’t. Also when I accept my gifts they get lost. Right now I am in a co-op and can’t get in to harvest. Please help me!!!

43. Koleen Wallace says:

Hello, I have been having trouble with my farmville game since I started playing it. My toggle button doesn’t work, i can’t get my gifts out of my gift box, and if I get lucky enough to get one it doesn’tshow up on the farm. I have lost every gold egg I have gotten. It’s getting to be awful instead of fun. Please help me get this thing fixed.

44. chuck reed says:

why is it when i have a music playlist all of farmville farm and animals noices comes up on my music playlist

45. Leigh says:

Usually when I visit friends farms it doesn’t ask me to do chores or fertilize their crops? It used to work well. What’s going on? Is the server overloaded? What do I have to do to be able to fertilize my neighbors crops?

• jan says:

seems to me after reading all your comments the only thing to do is delte it alltogether and try again from scratch i too use farmville but seems the powers that be don’t know how to fix it themselves .

46. Sherina says:

Bought my puppy and have already fed him 12 out of 14 days . Hope he does not run away. I am also doing a co-op job where time is very important only to see my crops withered away! This is so saddening.Don’t mind the crops so much but not my puppy! Please help!

47. annie says:

Please help. My farm won’t load. It gives the intro page but the bar at the bottom loads almost all the way to the end and then stops. Does anyone have any suggestions?

48. polly pettry says:

why won’t my farmville game come up on myscreen?

49. Blake Hait says:

I played zynga farmville for several months and had a great time. It was enjoyable constructing my farm and planning what I want it to look like but what I admire most was the connection I made to people all over the globe who are also enjoying Farmville. Everyday I connect with bright, witty, creative, warm people who were enjoying playing Farmville. Networking with different “farmers” was great and even if I don’t have the time to play farmville right now, I really miss all my farmer friends and seeing what they are up to on their farmville right now.

50. Robin says:

FOR 3 DAYS Every Time I Go To My Farm and Get My Gifts Out Of The Gift Box I am Only Able To Do 2 Or 3 Before I Get That Dam Outta Of Sync Message I Am Getting Very Mad And Am Ready To Sell My Farm To The Highest Bidder :) LOL Please Get This Issue FIX ASAP GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

51. marilyn says:

OUTTTTT OF SYNCCCC HELPPPPPP

52. Ron says:

For 2 weeks now i have been trying to get my school house that i received from a mystery egg , out of my gift box,and every time i try i keep getting “out of sync” message. I wrote to them many,many times and i never get a reply nor is it fixed.Zynga has no clue how to fix this nor do they know what they are doing,if anything,.I think if they cant fix their own games they should shut them down .

53. polly pettry says:

why does my farmville game come up out of sync with server i always refresh but still get the same message. please fix this problem as i enjoy this game very much

• deana says:

I am having the same problem I have tried everything they told me to do. NOthing seems to work. Any sugestions would be great. This makes the second day. Hope it gets fixed soon.

54. Helen says:

I’ve been out of sync now for 3 days. I also have tried all kinds of fix it. I’m thinking of deleting and starting over. Has anyone tried it and does it work…..

55. mark says:

im getting these errors for no reason!!

56. west hollywood halloween 2010 says:

57. boyet says:

i canot log in to my farmville is anybody knows how?

58. delores says:

Get free 310 Farm Cash N0W! (Official zynga Promotion)

=====>http://bit.ly/310cashzyngapromo<=====

HURRY! LIMITED TIME OFFER!

59. uzair ahmed says:

my friend does somthing to his borowser google chrome and now his farmville is working well and without any sync errors can any one tell me what he did

60. Lori says:

Same thing here!! It’s been a month! If they can’t fix it they need to tell us

61. jane taylor says:

everytime i try to get my 2011 barn off by sell it or storing it goes off and say it’s out of sync it’s only on part of my farm. please help i’m getting very upset.

62. Audrey Gillingham says:

to whom it may concern, on facebook the farmville app.. when people send us gifts It apparears that once we accept them they dont go in the gift box for us to use, an when we go back to the page where the gifts are to they are still there an not in the gift box as perscribed, can u help me fix this problem many people on facebook is having this problem as of last day or so, or can you tell me what the problem is, so i can notify my friends an tell them whats going on, pls..

63. Harley says:

every time I go to play farmville firefox crashes and requires an error report. i keep sending them but no one can fix the problem. what should i do?

64. Jackie Stumpf says:

For one week now I can’t get into my market, and Pig pen-Sheep pen and craftshop. I can’t plant any crops so I can’t get in on any of the birthday quests or double points. Could you please fix my farm so I can play. I now waited for a week and its getting old. Maybe quit adding so much stuff in a short period and everyones farm wouldn’t be messed up. Please get mine fixed……..

65. Nicole says:

I can send people gifts however I cannot receive gifts or even play my Farmville. Extremely frustrating.

66. VIVIAN says:

MY FARMVILLE WON’T LOAD ANYMORE….WHATS GOING ON WITH IT? cAN i RELOAD FARMVILLE WITHOUT LOSING ALL MY STUFF?

67. Lerma says:

I have the same problem too.Please help us fix the problem.I cannot open my farmville,it is always ERROR?It’s been 2 days now and i really hate it this way!

68. Mary hollis says:

Can not get FarmVille app. On my I pad can you please fix this?

69. Charlotte Frederick says: