Grab Your Branded Google+ Custom Url

By 31-10-2013   BloggingGoogleSocial Media
Tweet Share Email Share

Now is the right time to grab Google+ custom urls for your brand’s Google+ page. Google has revealed that they are rolling out custom urls to all eligible pages and profiles over the week … and you should hurry to get you favorite custom vanity url which will gives solid branding. If you are late, someone else may grab you custom url and you might need to adopt poor brand options.

Google+ Custom Urls

While Google+ has initiated custom profiles for top brands and celebrities over a year back, it is now finally rolling out to all profile and pages. We excitedly logged into our Google+ page and indeed there is a pre-approved url waiting to be approve based on our page name.

google+ custom url

Advertisements

Once you click on the ‘Get Url’ link, a pop up alert gets you to confirm your url change.

Saver Google+ url

This is great as it will change the difficult to recall url
plus.google.com/104720479662987122222
to
google.com/+Quickonlinetips (which is great for branding)

After you agree to change url, it will again ask to confirm change as you cannot revert back or transfer the url later if needed.

Confirm Google+ url

And once you confirm, the new url is live!

New Custom Google+ url

So this is our new Google+ url
google.com/+Quickonlinetips
which actually redirects now to https://plus.google.com/+Quickonlinetips

Eligibility for Google+ Custom Urls

So how do you know if your page is eligible for getting a pre-approved custom vanity url? For Google+ pages the only requirement is that they should link to a website! For local Google+ pages, you need a verified local business. For profiles the rules needs at least 10 followers, a profile photo and a profile older than 30 days.

What are you waiting for – grab your custom url before someone else does…

21 comments on “Grab Your Branded Google+ Custom Url

1. website says:

Finally ! I don’t know why they didn’t inform me by some popping out message ?
    And why it had to take so long time. An url with tons of numbers looks awful and google doesn’t like dirtiness : )

Thanks !

2. P. Chandra says:

They are rolling out the feature over the week as there are millions of accounts to cover. After you login, the notice will be on top of your dashboard.

3. Aqib Khan says:

Great Post ..!

I saw this Post yesterday but due to shortage of time I could not read it. Today I’ve read it clearly!

It’s easy to understand & you have made me understand about this Useful Info! Well, Thanks for giving opportunity to know about Brand Google custon URL!

4. vijay says:

I got my Short Google Plus Url : http://google.com/+PokuriVijay

5. Thank you for sharing this wonderful post! I have to try this custom url! I am excited for the change!

6. Mike says:

I have already tried using custom URL and it’s a wonderful step by Google by introducing custom URL :)

7. Mohammad says:

Thank you Amazing Post … and i will try to use custom URL

8. Josna says:

Great news..Thanks for bringing this..i think i have gotten a mail from Google regarding this..

9. thank you master the best and very best pages

10. Lindsay says:

I heard you will end up paying for this service. Any truth to that?

11. Thanks for sharing useful tips on Google Plus URL.

12. yskan says:

It is working for me.

Does anyone know if you have to use this new url for rel=”author” or do we still need the ID?

13. Norman says:

Excellent, I saw your post about a week ago and follow the simple instruction and it worked. I have my own url. Thank you

14. Gautham says:

Hi,

That looks cool indeed. By the way, does Google+ Custom URLs play any crucial role in affecting the SEO?

15. spookseo says:

Vanity sites are good if you are planning to be a celebrity online. It keeps you away from all the posers that can help your other “fans” or followers to get distracted. It is good that Google released this deal. Surely, it will get loads of users out of it.

16. Robert says:

Thanks for this post, I wonder what to do, because there is written something like: now it’s free but it’s not guarantee that will be free in the future.

17. Brand says:

And I was having this awful string of numbers after google enabled this option because they didn’t even mid to inform me about this update..pfff

18. Motoring PRO says:

This was probably the most expected improvement by many. I recommend using a custom URL as it is easier for users to remember it.

19. it was needed to me. thanks for sharing. visit for post

20. Aquafresh RO says:

Cool, I read this post 10 days back & implemented, they really worked. I have my own site & looking for guest blogging.