How to Download Windows Movie Maker on Windows 10

By 08-10-2015   ComputersDownloads

Do you want to download Windows Movie Maker in Windows 10? I was surprised to find my favorite Windows movie maker which I so extensively use to edit videos and make amazing .wmv video files to add to Powerpoint presentations was missing in Windows 10!

Microsoft help reveals Windows movie maker is not supported in Windows 10! Finding a good free video editing software is difficult, and I could not believe how could they not support it in Windows 10!!!

Download Windows 10 Movie Maker

Well here is the fix. Now you need to download Windows Essentials 2012 to get Windows Movie maker, as it has become part of that software suite and needs to be downloaded separately if you really need it. It has possibly been done to reduce software bloat as many people might not be using it.

windows essentials

So you can click the download now button and run the installed software. You get a choice to install the full software suite or just Windows Movie Maker.

install windows essentials

So we choose the second option to custom install only Windows Movie Maker (and Photo Gallery will tag along too).

install movie maker

Now the installation will start …

installing movie maker

So the installation of Windows Essentials is complete. Now where is movie maker? Simply search in the Search box beside the Windows icon

movie maker app

There it is now. Click on it and Windows Movie Maker will start!

windows movie maker

So now you know how to easily download Windows Movie Maker on Windows 10.

22 comments on “How to Download Windows Movie Maker on Windows 10

1. Tipmoon says:

Can you please write an article on ‘The difference between windows 8 and 10’

2. Gurniak says:

Thanks for this guide Chandra, I am looking for Windows Movie Maker on Windows 10 when I find your useful article

3. konok says:

Wow . The software is very essential.Thank you for this software information.

4. Rubi says:

Windows 10 Movie Maker is working Awesome on my System. Thanks for this tips.

5. Pizza Iasi BigBur says:

Did they solved this ? I waited 1 month for a crack , or a fix , or something like that. I own a little business and I really need to create simple movies to promote it. Thank you alot, sir.

6. cute angel says:

My windows movie maker does not open on windows 10.It show error.

7. Akademik Makale says:

Thanks for this post. Somehow, I couldt reach to download link.. Now i can!

8. Daniel says:

Thank you for this guide – I was already spending way too much time on it.

9. Abhishek Jain says:

It was a great deal for everyone to upgrade your PC to windows 10. This is awesome but some functionalities are lost and Windows Movie maker was one of them. It was a sad moment for video enthusiast like me.
    Thanks for sharing this post which will help me to shoot again to Movie maker.

Thanks again!
    -Abhishek

10. Dr Navneet Goyal says:

Hey! thanks for such a helpful post! I was in search of this for a long time and you’ve cracked it right in the blink on an eye!! Thanks a tonne!!!!