Top Sources of Twitter Web Traffic

Where does the Twitter web traffic come from? The US being the major source of web traffic to twitter does not surprise me, but can you guess the second country which sends huge site traffic to Twitter?

I saw this Twitter web traffic chart which was analyzed by the Twitter guys themselves and shows the top ten non-US traffic sources.

Twitter web traffic

After the US sends in 40% of US traffic, the statistics of the remaining 60% non-US traffic is interesting. Of this 60% – Japan accounts for 39% of it (Surprised? don’t be. Remember that Japanese is most common blogging language), followed by 13% for Italy and 10% for UK and 7% for Canada and Brazil (Brazilians love Orkut too). Where are the Indians? There are lots of Indian Twitterers out there…

However, they clarify that this is just web traffic and does not include any of the other popular ways that people use Twitter like SMS, instant messaging, m.twitter.com, and API devices such as Twitterrific.

Share with friends

7
Leave a Reply

avatar
7 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
0 Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
7 Comment authors
LauraVeeda AsiaBackgrounddanitIncrease Web Site Traffic Recent comment authors
  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
mayooresan
mayooresan

Mmm.. where is Indians!!!?? Good question!

Todd Lavergne
Todd Lavergne

I am in the US and I just started using twitter. I am surprised by those statistics.

Increase Web Site Traffic
Increase Web Site Traffic

Extremely interesting. That the Japanese make up the majority of the Twitter crowd outside U.S of A.

Hmm …

danit
danit

It’s realy intetresting the Japanese are number one in the statistics…

Background
Background

Well the Japanese are always accessing on their cell phones, instead of always being tethered to their computers

Veeda Asia
Veeda Asia

yes i have also used twitter and such nice source for sharing knowledge and social networking.

Laura
Laura

Great post! I think the success behing Twitter traffic lies in targeted followers. I never auto-follow back anyone. I am really surprised! UK is only 7% ! Huw can I target my visitors by country then?