How can you close Paypal account? This article shows stepwise screenshot photos of closing a paypal account and will guide Paypal users how it is done what to expect.
There is no doubt that Paypal.comÂ is one of the best services toÂ receiveÂ money by freelancers and small businesses and to pay money online for many goods and services easily. However, sometimes people do need to delete / close their Paypal account for various reasons, maybe due toÂ Paypal India restrictions.
NOTE: Its a good idea to download (various formats available) and print ALL Paypal transaction records in case you need them again in future.
Close Paypal Account
1. After Paypal login, browse to My Profile > My Account Settings
2. Find the Account category on the right side and click “Close Account”.
This will start the process of closing the account. But it is not a one click procedure. Remember your account balance must be zero and you should have withdrawn all your money via bank transfer or cheque, or they will ask for that before you proceed.
Now they will warn you of that closing the account is final and both your account history and reputation number will be lost forever. They encourage you to visit the Paypal Help Center if you have other queries.
3. After you confirm, they ask for the reason you request closure of your Paypal account, to improve Paypal.
4. After you provide a reason you want to close Paypal, then they ask again for the final closure notice.
Now this is you last chance. There is no going back after this step. All your outstanding transactions will be cancelled and you account closed.
5. If you click Continue now, your paypal account is finally closed forever. You are logged out of Paypal and the same Paypal login will no longer work now.
Although it seems like a lot of steps, permanently closing Paypal account just takes a few minutes. Remember that it is an irreversible process, that is why the steps are in place, should you decide to change your mind anytime. Paypal is a very useful money transfer service and do think twice before closing your account.