Flipkart is now offering in-a-day delivery option for Rs. 90 per item which promises 1 day delivery of products shipped through this option. As buyers always have the option to pick up products from the nearby store, online merchants are always in the race for faster delivery, with Amazon even considering air drones.
Flipkart In-A-Day Delivery
In India, many buyers will not wait for 3-5 days to get delivery of online ordered products, and will buy from a retail store instead. Flipkart has offered this great choice to customers, though for a price.
In the challenging online shopping business, Flipkart is gradually moving the free delivery option higher, such that now you have to buy at least Rs 500 goods, that too from the same seller WS Retail to get free shipping. Orders under Rs 500 are charged Rs 50 by Flipkart. Of course other sellers on Flipkart can choose their own delivery charges. Paying Rs 90 to get 1 day delivery is not too Â bad if you urgently want something.
BTWÂ Amazon India is still offering freeÂ delivery for all items Fulfilled by Amazon, though for a limited time, and this is going on for several months since the store was launched.
Fast Delivery Tips
Here are some tips to get the best out of this deal
- Before 6PM – Flipkart will delivery next day only if the order is placed before 6PM, else it will be carried on to the next later day.
- Business days – they promise the deal for the next business day only. So if you order Saturday 4PM, they will not deliver on Sunday. Same applies for Government holidays, which are non-business days
- Check pincode – it is a good idea to check if in-a-day delivery is available in your area. Right Â nowÂ Â this facility is only valid in Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Noida and Pune.
- Select sellers – This fast delivery is offered only by select sellers and for some products. See you product specific delivery options to see if the deal works.
- Per item rate – Note the delivery rate of Rs 90 is per item and not per total shipment, which means every product will be charged Rs 90.
Failed Flipkart Delivery
What if you do not get the order the next day?Â They will refund you the delivery charge, and put double (!) the amount back in the Flipkart wallet, which can be used for the next purchase. Obviously they have only Rs 180 to lose per bad delivery, but it will encourage many people to use this facility, and earn them much more!
This will of course not apply if you were not home to receive the courier, or your commercial establishment was closed on Saturday. It will only apply if the courier was unable to deliver next day. If you selected cash on delivery, then you need to pay, but they will refund the payment online.
So what do you think about this deal?