Google Launches Web Browser, Calls it Chrome

By Posted 2008 Updated   Google

Google created a web browser called Google Chrome and is now truly aiming to become the starting point of the Internet. Based on the principles of simplicity and speed which Google is famous for, Chrome will surely challenge the popular browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera and Safari.

So why did Google need to create a web browser? Well Google decided that they needed a modern platform for presenting web pages and interactive applications.

Check out the Story behind Google Chrome in this video

Test Drive Google chrome Web Browser

The first time you run Google chrome, what will impress you the most is the instant start up and fast loading pages. You really need to try it to believe it and no stats can substitute your personal experience. Web apps also run really fast. Chrome is powered by V8, a more powerful JavaScript engine, to power the next generation of web applications.

Suggestions are everywhere – The deeply integrated Suggest feature makes searching sites and typing sites even easier. The homepage is redefined – every time you open a new tab, you’ll see visual thumbnails of your most visited sites, most used search engines, and recently bookmarked pages and closed tabs.

Tabs and Windows are no longer boring – simply drag tabs out of the browser to create new windows, gather multiple tabs into one window or arrange your tabs any way you like.

Integrated Downloads – the downloads bar appears at the bottom of the tab where you can monitor the progress of your downloading file. The file button indicates how much time remains for the download. An arrow appears in the tab to signify a download in progress.

Try the incognito mode for private browsing. Incognito browsing ensures that pages you view in this window won’t appear in your browser history or search history, and won’t leave other traces like cookies on your computer. However, downloaded files and bookmarks will be preserved.

One Click Bookmarks – Just click the star icon at the left edge of the address bar and you’re done. Really thats it.

Does your Firefox keeps crashing? Google Chrome runs each tab in an isolated “sandbox”, where one tab cannot crash other tabs and prevents the browser from crashing due to a misbehaving website.

Think no further, Google Chrome is set to revolutionize the web. I miss plugins and themes, but I guess that is coming soon. Its still in beta, which means don’t mind the bugs and your most wanted features are coming soon.

14 comments on “Google Launches Web Browser, Calls it Chrome

1. J.Janson says:

i just installed Chrome yesterday and i must say, my experience so far with this new browser is amazing. Simple (which i like it) and very fast loading time. however, i miss those little “gadgets” i have on firefox and all my roboforms password. I’m sure this will come to pass in a few months time.

2. Chetan says:

I have been reporting every part of it and got many suggestions for Google to change when it comes out of the beta stage.

Lets hope it goes good, but i don’t feel that it would easily overtake firefox in anyway.

3. ronin1770 says:

I tried this product yesterday – to be really honest i wasn’t impressed by it

i am pretty much happy with firefox

– Ronin

4. Gambling says:

Light and simple like opera fast as Safari, but it needs some Improvements anyway. Chrome don’t understand some html tags. :P

5. Ibrahim Rabbani says:

the interesting bit here is the timing, they released their browser a few weeks after Microsoft IE8’s release.. things are heating up and firefox might just find some competition.. i really hope we get a new safari with better features.. safari > firefox in terms of speed IMO :\

6. George Toms says:

Google Chrome is really fast!

Now I can sort 200,000 records inside of Browser (Chrome) just in 1 sec. (Faster than Microsoft Excel):

7. Ibrahim Rabbani says:

Chrome vs Firefox:

@ George, read that

8. Fatos says:

I liked the browser so much so that I wanted to write a post in my language about it… searched the net and found your, which I translated and it’s there for my people to know about this great browser.

Thanks

9. Simon Jackson says:

I have had a good look at Chrome, and some elements are impressive but I’ll be staying with Opera thank you.
    In the same way that Google docs & spreadsheets does not support Opera, I suspect that this new offering from the cuddly guys at Google may have more to do with their ever more intrusive searching for user information than twisting the nose of Microsoft.
    While the Norwegians at Opera leave it so easy for me to “delete all cookies on closing Opera”, I’ll stay with them

10. film fan says:

i keep learning about more and more advantages and features with Chrome, with privacy, for example; now if only they would take care of the browser’s fickle cookie management…

11. sbs ba?vurular? says:

I think firefox is better than google chrome

12. language learning software says:

I strongly recommend that you turn the No Follow off in your comment section. I’ll watch Google Webmaster Tools, and if the links don’t show up after a couple of weeks — I won’t go back to that blog again. Another suggestion: you should have a Top Commentator widget installed. Do Follow and Top Commentator will ensure that you have a successful blog with lots of readers!

13. Amit says:

-and I’ve never had a problem closing a tab in Opera to get rid of a difficult web page without disrupting the other umpteen open tabs.

14. Lanauage Learning Software Reviews says:

While I like Chrome alot, I am still a fan of Firefox. Most likely due to me using it for so long, everything I do is second-nature, and relearning a new browser is not something I want to do.