If you’re a Windows Mobile user and searching for some useful apps, then your search ends here. Below are the 20 FREE amazing applications for Windows Mobile and Pocket PC. These apps include various categories like: Internet browser, news readers, social networking, tweak tools, themes, games, music players, documents manager, and a lot more..
20 Free Applications for Windows Mobile
1. Facebook – Facebook has now become the most famous social network, connecting millions of people around the World. So, Microsoft has developed the official Facebook client for Windows Mobile. Now, keep updated with the latest news and posts with Facebook on your phone.
2. TwitToday – Twitter is one of the most popular micro blogging client. With TwitToday, you can control all your twitter activities and tweet from your windows mobile easily. Once installed, it adds a textbox to the Today screen of a Windows Mobile phone.
3. NET Compact Framework 3.5 – Most of the applications require .net framework to run. It’s an official pack which contains the common language runtime and class libraries built for the .NET Compact Framework.
4. Viigo – Viigo is a free, fast and easy to use RSS reader which provides the best way to read anything on your Blackberry and Windows Mobile. Viigo provides Instant access to favorite blogs, breaking news, entertainment, sports, finance, weather, flight schedules, restaurant reviews, games, local attractions, and much more.
5. Google Maps Mobile – Google Maps is a free app which lets you determine your current location with or without GPS using Maps. Just visit m.google.com/maps on your mobile.
6. TreeSize Mobile – TreeSize Mobile helps to easily locate the big files on your Smartphone when it runs out of disk space. The file system is represented in a tree view and it shows you the size of folders, including their subfolders.
7. CleanRAM – CleanRAM is an useful utility which can clean up the wasted RAM memory without having to restart the device. It offers various functionalities unlike other tools. There are 3 levels (Basic purge, Quality purge, Fundamental purge) to perform RAM cleanup.
You can choose custom processes to clean and schedule the clean up at a specific time. This is surely an amazing tool for Windows mobile users. Give it a try!
8. Pocket RAR – Pocket RAR is the WinRAR version for PocketPC, the popular and successful file compressor for windows. It allows you to compress and decompress any file using your PocketPC without the need of PC. It has a very intuitive interface.
9. iFonz 2 – iFonz is a perfect theme which provides a complete iphone interface to your windows mobile. It includes a lots of customization and a fully graphical design and animations for Windows Mobile 5/6 completely written in .NET.
10. Nitrogen 1.0 – Nitrogen is a powerful audio player to enjoy your music on your phone. It allows you to play MP3/OGG songs stored on your Pocket PC device. It features a file browser, full skin support, smart shuffle and repeat modes, a 10-band equalizer, built-in sleep mode.
11. DivX Mobile Player – DivX Mobile Player is the official DivX player for smartphones and any other Windows Mobile devices. It supports a wide range of formats, so you can play DivX videos with no problems. You can view the videos in full screen, forward or rewind, rotate the video, synchronize, etc.
12. S2P (Slide 2 Play) – S2P is a stylus-free MP3/WMA player application. It simply lets you browse your music files & play. It fully integrates with S2U2 & supports A2DP & AVRCP as well. It also features a very cool and intuitive interface.
13. Opera Mobile – Opera Mobile is the most popular browser to access Internet on smartphones. Though it’s not free like Opera Mini but its beta version is absolutely free to use. Its advanced features include: Opera Turbo, Widgets, tabbed browsing, Pan and zoom, Save pages and/or images, History and bookmarks and much more.. It truly delivers an ultimate web experience.
14. Skyfire – Skyfire is a free mobile web browser which runs on Windows Mobile (smartphones and PPC) and Nokia N and E Series (Symbian S60, 3rd Edition) phones. It provides a PC like browsing experience with speedy page loads, full video, images and audio. It supports video and audio streaming along with full Flash and Windows Media videos.
15. Pocket Uno – Uno is one of the world’s most popular family card games to play on WM. Just play cards from your hand by matching color, number, or word. Try to rid yourself of cards before opponents do.
16. EverNote – Evernote is an application and web service that lets you capture, store and synchronize all information on your PDA, PC and online. Now, you can Create text notes and quickly access and search them whenever you like. It allows you to send snapshots, capture web clippings, store voice notes, images and files. You’ll need to sign up for a free Evernote account to use it.
17. HD Tweak & Diamond Tweak – Diamond Tweak and HD Tweak have been specifically designed for HTC devices. This free programs lets you tweak, customize and optimize your windows mobile as you want. Read the installation and Use instructions before trying out this app. It also includes the AppToDate support.
18. Adobe Reader – Adobe Acrobat Reader is the tiny version of Adobe reader specially designed for Pocket PC and Windows mobile. It allows viewing PDF files in high quality even on smaller screens, while preserving their rich content. You can easily share or submit your data forms over the Internet. PDF can be viewed in portrait or landscape mode on your handheld device.
20. Macromedia Flash Player – Nowadays, most of the websites includes flash content which require a flash addon. Flash Player 7 is an official app from Adobe, which allows viewing Flash content embedded in web pages. Developers can also start developing and experiencing rich Flash content, enterprise applications and mobile services right from their Pocket PC.
Check the game rules and instructions on their site. Have Fun!
Guest author Mayur Agarwal, writes on WebTrickz.com about Computers, Internet, Technology, tricks and gadgets. Follow him @mayurjango on twitter. You can also share your favorite tools by writing a guest article on QOT.