Which WordPress plugins power up QOT? Here is a list of my favorite WordPress plugins that run Quick Online Tips WordPress blog.
WP Plugins We Use
- Google Sitemaps – This generator will create a sitemaps.org compliant sitemap of your WordPress blog. Helps Google index every article you write.
- Akismet – Checks your comments against the Akismet web serivce to see if they look like spam or not.
- Vaultpress – backs up our entire database, images, plugins and themes daily. Helps to backup the site and restore database safely if needed. There are many other WordPress backup tools available also.
- Redirection – helps to control all your 301 redirects and get detailed statistics about your 404 urls and how you need to fix them.
- Broken Link Checker – will help to find all broken links on your WordPress blog and fix them quickly.
- ZenCache – the superfast caching plugin which stores webpages as HTML and saves precious server PHP calls, allowing for a more stable and faster website.
- Cookies for Comments – My choice to stop comments spam in their tracks. It works very well and possibly the only plugin you need to work with Akismet. See more comment spam blocking plugins.
- All-In-One-SEO – a SEO plugin is essential for any website and this is the one we use. It helps to setup canonicals, titles, descriptions and nofollow/noindex large areas on the fly.
- YARRP – the most popular plugin to generate related post links. Helps to increase site interactivity and pageviews.
- Evermore – Abbreviate all posts when viewed on multiple post pages. Helpful to create expandable posts summaries in WordPress. Combine with Less that Changes the (more) link so it displays the entire post, not just the part after the “more”.
- Batch Categories – Easily manage the mass categorization of posts that match various criteria. Power edit your categories.
- Post Admin Word Count – displays the word count of all posts. Useful for finding thin content on your site to counter Google Panda penalties.
- WP-Supercache – Very fast cache module. Survive a Digg. But now we use Zencache (formerly QuickCache)
- Subscribe To Comments – Allows readers to receive notifications of new comments that are posted to an entry. We continue to use the Feedburner email service as of now. Planning to use Amazon SES in future.
- Random Redirect – Allows you to create a link to a random post on your blog, in a StumbleUpon-like fashion.
- WordPress Database Backup – On-demand backup of your WordPress database. Back up your blog. Now we use Vaultpress and also back up database on Amazon S3.
- WP-PageNavi – Adds a more advanced page navigation to WordPress. Better navigation options on index and category pages.