How to Download All Your Facebook Data

By 30-01-2013   DownloadsFacebookSocial MediaTutorials
Tweet Share Email Share

Did you know you can download Facebook data with your Facebook albums, photos, videos, wall posts and messages and save on your computer. All these years, Facebook has saved your Facebook activity and will allow you to save and download all your Facebook activity for free.

Download Facebook Archives

After logging in to Facebook, go to the top right corner Setting wheel icon > Go to Account Settings and click the link “Download a copy of your Facebook data”.

download facebook data

Advertisements

After you click that link, you can start to download Facebook Archives.

download facebook archive

After you click that button, an alert informs your download will take time as Facebook compiles all your photos, wall post messages etc. for download.

start facebook download

This will of course depend on how much information you have to download. Large profiles, huge Facebook albums and active long time accounts will take  a longer time to download Facebook data. Facebook will send you an email when your archive is ready for download.

download facebookWhat will this archive download contain? It will contain all your Facebook photos and videos your shared, your Facebook posts, messages and even chat conversations! It will also grab your Friends names and email addresses (if they have allowed it).  However, it will not download your friends photos and their personal information. It will also not download comments you made on your friends walls.

Download Facebook Expanded Archives – This option also allows you to download detailed account information like logins, cookies and more. Facebook advises you keep both these files safe as it contains all your private data and information about all your posts, comments and photos.

Go ahead and download all your Facebook information today and keep a backup of your Facebook timeline.

36 comments on “How to Download All Your Facebook Data

1. Angela Lea says:

2. sedikx187 says:

3. syed says:

I don’t know it’s possible I download all data superb article I ill try and I’m saving my all data Thanks

4. Last time I tried to download my FB data and I waited for about twenty minutes. I was frustrated, closed that page and forgot about that thing. :P

5. Joe Hart says:

I recently decided to convert a profile page of one of my clients into a business page..Its really important to download Facebook data before any one implements such a change because once the conversion is done, the timeline data and other crucial data cannot be retrieved..Thanks for discussing this topic.

6. Pina says:

wow, I didn’t even know that this was possible. thanks for the tipp… probably one reason more to leave facebook if you ask me..

7. Kapil says:

Its a awesome article. Facebook is now one of our daily life. If we can save our profile data it will be great.Thanks.

8. Jasmin says:

I dont like this facebook policy, to make copy of chat, and messages. This is not so good. :S

9. Very good post, congratulations! I did not know anything at all about that. That is great. I read somewhere once that once you post something on Facebook that is in reality Facebook’s property. It is good to know there is a way to get your stuff back on your computer.
    Cheers

10. Amol says:

Face book is one of the best site for connecting people any where in world as well as to share the thoughts.
    this post is really nice.I download all my face book data.

11. Jen Smith says:

This will come in handy one of these days, I can feel it. I am one of those people who also didn’t know this so I am glad that I ran across this post. I wonder what else I don’t know about Facebook.

12. Hello brother, I will definitely download all the data of my facebook account. Thanks for sharing this tricks with us.

13. Eshanya says:

Good news for those who was worried about facebook data. I really got happy after seeing this post. Liked it a lot. Huge Thanks to the Author.

14. The quality and content is great, I learned a lot.Now i am download all the Facebook data.Thanks for sharing.

15. sharif says:

The content is great, and it is very quick and easy to follow along. I really look forward to seeing more post like this.Thanks for sharing.

16. swetha says:

Any idea if Page archives can also be downloaded?

17. Farhanrasel says:

This is very useful post.Thanks for it.

18. Very informative article. Facebook is now one of our daily life. If we can save our profile data it will be great.Thanks for sharing it.

19. This is very much nice as it helped me to download all the data from my facebook account, its like back up my FB account!

20. Stephnie says:

Thank you so much for this post i was worried for this issue from last week now i got the solution

21. stylizacje says:

but how to delete it from fb servers?

22. Panneer says:

I don’t like this facebook policy, to make copy of messages. This is not so good. but little bit interesting!

23. You can take any type Facebook help contact Facebook Customer Care. it’s toll free

24. Cagatay says:

I did that last year. I will do it again now. Thanks for recall.

25. Thanks For ur post .I didn’t know about this before. I will Try this………..

26. Rashmi says:

yes it is really a good post, i am sharing with my friends.

27. Hamza says:

This is one of the best options by Facebook. Thank You for this great tutorial.

28. Eddie Gear says:

Wow, now that’s like super interesting. I recently created a Facebook page and put some good content for testing, but decided to delete it later one. I hope the archive covers Facebook pages as well.

29. Ted says:

Doses anybody know if i open a new account can i upload all data on it ?

30. SAJID says:

Oh thank you dear friend… I have just followed this guide and have downloaded all of my facebook data to my hard disk to keep it safe…:)

31. Pragyan says:

Thanks for share. I know about this, but never tried. Now have to download my Facebook data.

32. Rohit says:

wow! its awesome…! will it also download the comments made me in different group activities. and the also the photos in which i’ve been tagged !

33. Thanks for sharing! i was just unable to do so from past some days!but thanks to you

34. smaran alva says:

Is that option still available in facebook..? I haven’t seen it …