Microsoft has released the Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC), which is now available for download to MSDN and TechNet subscribers. Now Windows 7 is in final phase of development and getting ready for partners to develop new applications, device drivers and services.
Some of the cool new features to look out for are
1. Remote Media Streaming. Remote Internet access to home-based digital media libraries from another Windows 7-based PC outside the home.
2. Windows XP Mode. Utilizing Windows Virtual PC, allows Windows 7 users to run many Windows XP productivity applications, launched right from the Windows 7 desktop.
3. Windows Touch. Controlling the computer by touching a touch-enabled screen or monitor is a core Windows 7 user experience.
Download Windows 7 RC
So what are the minimum system requirements for Windows 7?
– 1GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
– 1 GB of RAM (32-bit) / 2 GB of RAM (64-bit)
– 16 GB of available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit)
– DirectX 9 graphics device with Windows Display Driver Model 1.0 or higher driver
In case you are not TechNet or MSDN subscribers, but still interested in previewing Windows 7, the Windows 7 RC will be publicly available May 5 on the Microsoft Windows 7 site.
Note: Windows 7 Beta was available earlier for a limited time earlier till January 24, 2009. The Windows 7 Beta software will expire on August 1, 2009.
Update: Now the promotion is over and now you need to buy Windows 7.Tags » Microsoft